Does anyone have one of these?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AmtrakRider, Sep 9, 2012.

1. simsaladimbamba

What would be the use of it besides being a novelty toy?
    Consider the fatigue in your arms controlling your Mac that way, especially with an OS still not designed for touch input.

But then again, touching electronic devices is much safer, despite the small electrical shocks here and there, than touching that rat with the cat in its mouth.

PS:
    I would also not trust a company that is not capable of spelling "iMac" correctly or stating the supported Mac OS X version (they stated Mac OS, which is a lot of systems, most of them not even supported on that iMac).

Hmm, it is late, the cat stopped screaming, the dog sleeps, the sheep eat and the moon is still up there.

2. Bargle macrumors regular

Yes fatigue. But more importantly your hand gets in the way of the screen. I don't see what a touc screen could do better than a magic pad...the magic pad turns the iMac into a touch screen...without having to touch the screen.

3. iMcLovin, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Yeah I guess there´s a ton of apps on appstore that makes your ipad a touchscreen for your imac. Much better.
    This zorro imacs stuff is as stupid product as its name. It´s not zorro "masks" it´s Zorro "Macsk"....Talk about doing an effort to mix 2 words into one. I mean adding the "c" into the word "mask" just makes it impossible to spell correctly :D Nice marketing name decision...not. They should have gone all out and call it The iZorro iMacsks Pro

I´m sorry to say this product is not going to sell anything. I´quite sure. I feel kinda sorry for those that have developed this. It´s an impressive invention but a useless product.

4. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I agree, but I think they will probably sell the patent (if they have one) to some big computer company and earn their living ...

5. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

More like sloppy marketing and name calling. WTF Macsk really is? Definitely not Mask, nor Mac .. nor combination of them. Just a plain shiety name from marketing morons.

It could be great, if they make a more professional effort, and approach. They make decent product, for iMac. Just don't have the right skill to sell it.

7. orange123456, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

orange123456 macrumors newbie

recently, i found this thing has a review by Engadget here's the link http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/17/zorro-macsk-review/, it seems that they reach out to the pros, i wonder what's their next move ?! if i am in charge of this, i would reach out to the local tv and newspapers for branding, however, you sounded like a pro, what is your move if you are in charge of this???

8. laserfan macrumors member

Agreed. I have never understood the touchscreen PCs (and there have been a plethora of them on the market the last several years).

A touchscreen might make sense for a lap device, or wall-mounted, but as a desktop?

:confused:

9. fig macrumors 6502a

fig

We have an HP touchwhatever in our office, the only thing I see it being useful is demoing touchscreen applications for other platforms (we develop digital signage).

As an interface for use on the desktop, however, I've never seen any practical application for it.