Does anyone have one of these?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by supercooled, Apr 1, 2008.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Someone wake up me because I think I'm dreaming. Someone actually made the perfect storage companion to the mac pro/PowerMac!

For 2TB it's $2199 so it's definitely not cheap but it's a lot better than the stupidly ridiculous price of Apple's Xserve Raid (now discontinued? -- is that right?).

[​IMG]

CalDigit HDOne 8 TERABYTE!

It's funny in the description they said you could use this to store your music library and photo library. Haha!

2. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

3. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Ive seen one holding 4 x 500gb (2 tb) hard drives, there are several brands, made in aluminium to match our MP's, it's a HD vault, load it with internal sata II HDD's and runs in a raid configuration,use it as 1 massive hard Drive, they are pretty good, the one i saw was holding a massive video/media library, plus they look good too. :)

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The XSR isn't 'stupidly ridiculous' for a fibre channel storage array. What works for the singleton designer (and what he/she considers 'stupidly expensive' due to lack of knowledge) may be different to what I may consider actually quite decent value for money in a large-scale computing scenario. (as well as being the only pieces of Apple hardware not to have let me down at some point or other*)

Horses for courses. It seems like an interesting solution, although the "direct connect" raises quite a lot of questions.

*EDIT: I forgot to add ...so far.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Is it true that there's LSD inside iMacs or am I seeing those HDD indicator lights flash?

Looks like a very nice storage rack.

6. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

What are other brands? I'm so enamored by CalDigit's approach to aesthetics that I'm willing to pay that price. Unless you can suggest another company that's a little more down to earth?

It's definitely the picture and not that hit you took a few hours ago. The picture format is .gif so yeah.