Does anyone have The Bigs?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by barr08, Aug 28, 2007.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Is this game officially liscenced by MLB? I want to know because it is important to me to have real teams with real players.

Also, I love Wii baseball. Does anyone know if the Wii version is like Wii Baseball at all? Like, do you actually swing the wiimote to hit? How realistic is it?

I wish I could look this stuff up myself, but I am at work, and everything is blocked!

Thanks!

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I have had a little go with it.
    Yes, it does have MLB license. It does have mention control (hitting, pitching, fielding etc.)...it's a little unresponsive at times, but if enjoy Wii Sports baseball, you'll probably like it. You might want to rent it or see if you can demo it at a store.

3. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Oh yeah, I forgot I could rent games. Good call!
    Thanks for the info.

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

There's a demo available on Xbox Live. ;)
    I had fun with it myself.

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I have The Bigs for Wii and it isn't much fun. The controls are quite unresponsive and the gameplay controls make little sense. I recommend against buying this game. Rent at least.

It is NOT Wii baseball. And it overall feels like a port from other systems. Most features have been removed (my roomate who bought it and was expecting the same game as the 360 version has done nothing but complain about it).

6. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Thats too bad.

Really, the only reason I want this is for Wii baseball gameplay with more options and real players. That would be awesome. Unfortunately, it looks like I am going to have to wait.

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yeah that was me and my roomates take on it too. We wanted a good two player baseball game. But after a lot of swearing and unneccesary movement I gave up. He lasted for another week or two and got pretty good at the game, but I (and probably he) would not recommend this game.

Developers need to understand that the Wii is its own beast and that ports from other systems will be obviously flawed. Although RE4 is pretty damn good.

8. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I rented this game a few weeks ago hoping it would be a nice follow-up to Wii Baseball. I got the controls down after just one game and had a blast playing it for the five days I had it.

Now having said that, I still would never buy it because of that fact that it's completely stripped down.

I'd suggest renting it if you want, but I'm still waiting for a good, well-rounded baseball game for the Wii.

9. pcypert macrumors 6502

RE4 was a GC/PS2 port with intentionality...GC ports are doing much better than PS2 or others.

The game got great reviews for other systems and pretty lousy ones for the Wii. I bet we'll get a refined baseball, bowling, tennis game soon...I'm looking forward to the Table Tennis game coming for the Wii!

Paul