Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
So I have one of the Nomad Apple Watch stands on order. This one:

273BBDE2-9F9F-49A9-84C3-0089BB3A8C24.jpeg

It uses a standard Apple Watch charger and the charging cable runs through a slot on the back of the stand. But I’m wondering exactly how much cable is used up in the stand.

I’d like to get one of the really short (.3 meter) charging cables because I have a USB plug available within a few inches of where I plan to put the stand, so that way I won’t have a lot of extra cable to deal with. But I’m concerned that most of that .3 meter cable will be used up in the stand and I’ll wind up with only like an inch left to plug it in and that wouldn’t work for me. If I can get at least 4 or 5 inches of free cable that would be perfect.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I have a similar stand. .3 meters is about 11 inches and you’ll lose @4-6 inches inside the stand itself so the .3 meter cable should be okay if your USB plug is very close. I’m using a 3 foot cable simply because I’m cheap, I already had the cable and most of the cable hides behind the cabinet my charger is on. If you have the charging puck that came with the watch, use it at first and measure how much cable is used in the stand then order the proper length cable. Remember to measure twice cut once. I used to do carpentry work!!

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I have ordered the stand but it hasn’t arrived yet, so I can’t see for myself how much cable it uses. I had to go to Apple this afternoon, so I could pick up the short cable while I’m there, but obviously I only wanna do that if I know that it will fit in the stand with enough room to connect it.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
i understand. I just measured mine and I’m using about 4 inches of cable from end of the puck to where it comes out from the bottom of the stand. Mine is the Macally stand. It’s on Amazon. I found yours and they look pretty close to the same size. It is very nice looking stand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.