Does anyone here go to Temple University?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 204467, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

I need to know if anyone goes to Temple University. See, my sister is a student there, but not into computers so she would not know this. Next month, my Dad is buying me an iMac though my sister to get the education discount and the free iPod (probably for her; damn, I know I don't need it but I would love a touch). Anyway, he thinks that the Temple Computer center (or whatever it's called) has an Apple store and could be bought from there. I don't believe him, and think the easiest way is to order from the online store. Could somebody please enlighten me so I can give him all his information?
    PS: If the iPod one orders from the rebate is less than $299, (say a pink nano for $199) does one not only get a free nano, but also $100 dollars back?

2. showtime macrumors 6502

Most universities do have computer stores and many of them carry apple products at educational prices if not cheaper with the same promotions. I would definitely check out a university computer store before purchasing from apple online. If they have fliers that advertise the computer store computers and prices just have her grab a copy and you can decide for yourself.

3. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. mark2288 macrumors regular

no - if you get a nano the rebate is only for $199.

5. dino8um macrumors newbie

No apple store at temple

I graduated temple last may and we did not have an apple store. I even worked for the computer service department of temple while I was there. The best route would be to order online through the educational web portion of apple.

6. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn, that sucks. Oh, well.

Damn, that also sucks. I guess it's the online store for me.

7. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

Get the ipod touch, sell it on eBay, buy a nano and have $ left over :D

Careful at temple btw.. I was there last month for a summer program and someone got shot across the street from me right outside Rock Hall. Nice school other than neighborhood. Stay safe!

8. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

No way. I go to TU right now and there is no such thing there. The closest thing to that would be the Computer Recycling Center in the TECH center and even that isn't what you're looking for. The easiest way is definetely the online educational store. Where he might have gotten tripped up is that when you put in TU as your university in the educational store, it points out that they have a custom online store. However, this just brings you back to the main education store at apple. Also, she would only get $199 for the nano, the $299 is only for the touch, which are both free after the respective rebates.

BTW if she ever needs computer equipment, the CRC sells at $25 per item. That includes laser printers, monitors, and the like. :D

9. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The custom online store is what I thought my dad was talking about, I figured Temple didn't have an Apple store on the campus. I understand that she would only get $199 back for the nano, but I still think that's stupid. Apple should offer a $299 rebate no matter what, applicable to any iPod. Oh well, I guess there really is no such thing as a free lunch.

10. MacIllini macrumors member

Delaware

I used to live in Philly. if Temple doesn't have Macs, another thing you can do is go down to Christiana Mall in Delaware and use your educational discount down there. there's no sales tax there so it'll save you a nice chunk of change. :cool:

11. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Huh, really? I didn't know that Delaware had an Apple Store. I might do that, or just not care to ask my Dad to waste the gas.