Does anyone here have to turn up the fans on their Mac when using flash?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrsir2009, Feb 20, 2010.

1. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Does anyone here have to turn up their fans on their Mac when using flash? Because I have to on my iMac and I used to have to on my MacBook as well... Does anyone else have this problem? If I don't turn up the CPU fan to cool it the computer starts lagging majority on everything then sometimes locks up...:(

2. celticpride678

Flash is horrible on Mac OS X. Adobe has said that they are working on fixing issues. There is nothing you can do right now.

3. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I also hope HTML5 becomes widespread, because I'd switch from flash to HTML5 in an instant:D

4. Malithion macrumors member

Malithion

I used to but then one of my fans broke, so I don't trust things like SMCfancontrol and what not. Rather it get hot instead of breaking for 5mins of cafeworld.

5. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

My iMac gets hot easy so I keep the HDD and CPU fans on at about half speed all the time:D I hope none of my fans break, though its an old machine so it wouldn't be as bad as if one of my MBP fans broke. I haven't had to use fan control on my MBP anyway:D

6. mac2x macrumors 65816

The curious thing is that my 21.5" iMac has zero problems with flash (CPU temp hardly gets above 32º C) while my MBP with Leopard will break 80º C w/o smcfancontrol to step in.

7. mac2x macrumors 65816

Yeah, I should try that YT beta and see how it is.

8. GeneKam macrumors regular

dude, flash is a killer under osx or any os for that matter. Fans hit top speed in matter of minutes!!!

9. Malithion macrumors member

Malithion

The fans in an Imac should be fine it doesn't move around as much as a portable IMO. lol I don't have an Imac though sadly :(

Also if the computer body hot to the touch is that a good sign? I mean that shows it's dissipating and not holding the heat in.

10. mac2x macrumors 65816

Oh, yeah...flash apps in facebook like FarmVille are awful. So is the Unity player (the engine behind Paradise Paintball), for that matter.

11. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Ninja Kiwi games like Baloons tower defense are awful for my Macs lol...:(