Does anyone here use chrome instead of safari?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by patrickng89, May 8, 2010.

1. patrickng89 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

The safari memory leak problem has been so bad that i decided to use chrome instead(im a first time mac buyer and gt my mbp 15 a week ago)

Just a few questions. Does chrome has any problems running in osx? it was pretty good in windows compared to FF and IE.

Is there any plugins that allows u to disable flash and allow u to remotely enable it? Just like ClickToFlash in safari.

2. Theappmachine macrumors member

Theappmachine

I sometimes use Chrome and I must say is a pretty good browser.

3. burningbright macrumors regular

I use Flash Block for Chrome.

I've just changed too for the same reason. Safari used half a gig of memory with no windows open...:eek: No problems with Chrome so far.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

How do you guys deal with AdBlock?

Seems like Chrome actually downloads the ads, displays them for a brief second, and then AdBlock hides them (vs. w/ FireFox, where AdBlock prevents them from being downloaded at all).

5. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

I've been using Chromium for a while now; love the browser. Still run into a few weird issues every now and then but it's been working great for the most part. It is a pretty hefty memory hog once you start opening several tabs but the responsiveness and speed of the overall browser is great. I think I've only had the parent application crash once or twice; the process separation works great for catching things before they take down my whole browsing session.

6. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

I think chrome is still in mac beta, so I use firefox. However, on my windows partition, I use chrome.

7. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Switched to chrome (from firefox) about a month ago. Really liking it so far.

8. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

I use chrome on my MacBook and my netbook, firefox on my g5 iMac. I only use safari on my iPhone and iPod touch.

9. DaveF macrumors 6502a

I use Firefox instead of Safari, because of Firefox's better tab-handling and extensions. I tried Chrome a couple of months ago, but couldn't get its extensions to work. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but Chrome simply didn't work right for me. I deleted.

I mean to try Chrome again and see if it works right now, having heard how much faster it is.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope,
    I tried and hated chrome. I'm using safari on the mac and firefox on the pc.

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

I've been experimenting with Chrome Beta for Mac. I almost never use Safari. When I'm not using Chrome I use Firefox. I also use Opera now and then. I could never get used to Safari after using Firefox for so long on Windows before I purchased a Mac. Firefox has some things it does better, but overall it's a tossup between Firefox and Chrome

12. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Chrome, for the addons. I do like Safari because it works nicer/smoother, but even after a full reset, I can't get into the Top Sites without it beachballing for 10 seconds. But the smooth scrolling in Safari is just awesome, I'd switch back to safari just for that smooth smooth scrolling....