Does anyone here use the 'Late Night' audio setting on their 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I_am_a_loser, May 25, 2016.

1. I_am_a_loser macrumors regular

I've been messing around with the EQ settings under 'Music' and the Late Night option seems to really boost the audio output across the board. Everything sounds louder and a bit fresher to my ears. My one beef with the 6s is I never considered the speaker quite as good as my old iPhone 5 for listening to Spotify, iTunes, or podcasts. This seems to remedy that. Also, since this setting boosts the audio loudness so much do I run the risk of damaging the speaker by using my phone this way? The highest I go when using the speaker is about 75% of capacity.

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I use the Late Night setting on my 6s (volume at 100%) and it does indeed boost the volume. However, I am hearing impaired and only use it with the earbuds - the speakers aren't loud enough for me even with this EQ setting. I've been doing this for over a year on all of my iPhones and the earbuds haven't burned out yet.

3. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I never knew about this. When I read about what the Kate night setting does, it supposed to boost lows and lower highs? In game to give it a try.

5. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

7. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Also trying for the first time. I think I prefer it. Not sure yet though. Either way, thanks!

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'll give it a try.. didn't even know that existed.

10. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

It compresses the dynamic range of the audio, basically reducing the difference between high volume and low volume.

tl;dr: it ruins music quality if you use headphones/earphones, but it boosts volume for the phone speaker.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Well, I found it nicer with headphones l, but I only use relatively cheap buds for running. Clearly I'm no audiophile, but at least I can hear the music better.

12. x34 macrumors 6502

when streaming via airplay to a stereo it sounds aweful with "late night" turned on.

13. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I use it if I watch something like a movie or YouTube or just some music without headphones, but turn it back off afterwards because it makes notifications very loud.

14. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

It does make the notifications too loud. So much so they're a bit distorted. That's the one drawback to this.