Does anyone here use their MPB as their home PC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alexjones, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Alexjones, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

Alexjones macrumors 6502

I know im a little behind the eighth ball, But i finally connected my MBP to my 46 in samsung and i was simply blown away. The image and resolution was better than my Dell PC. Is it ok to use the MBP in clamshell mode as a PC?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Home PC as in running windows or just using it as your main computer?

For years my main computer was a MBP.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

I did for 6 months or so, even ran EVE on it.

5. stefmesman macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I do :)

6. chipz macrumors member

Does anyone here use their MBP as their home PC?

I use my 2010 MBP 15" 2.8 GHz Core i7 His Res Matte Screen, 500 GB HDD, 512 MB VRAM as my home PC. I also have a 20" iMac 2.0 GHz unit which just sits in the corner unused as I find my MBP more comfortable to use. I can use it anywhere as I have a wireless printer. Desktopsare outdated as far as I am concerned! I love my MPB and the biggest advantage is I can takea it anywhere! I plan to hook it up to my HDTV (37" SCREEN) so I can use it as a DVD player as well. If you think Ilove my MBP - you're right!

7. psuser macrumors newbie

8. tsmacman macrumors member

ill be happy to take that imac off of your hands :)

9. AdrianK macrumors 68020

My MBP is my only machine, and it's never left the house. So yes :p

10. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

yes!
    i have always had a desktop pc of some description, custom builds, mac mini's etc
    but my last was a custom built shuttle. i brought it to to have as a media centre pc, but found i only used it for fm.
    saved hard and some generous family members i got a MBP this year for my birthday (my first mac since my redundancy in 2008 forced me to sell my 1 week old mbp)

now my MBP does everything my desktop pc ever did and more, and with software and tech today (wireless streaming music, streaming video etc) there aint much use in my house for a desktop!

depending on how you look at it, my uncle had a white macbook (1 year old) in near new condition and the felt the screen was to small for his ageing eyes so he asked me if i would like to swap it for my shuttle
    "hell yea" lol
    now i have my mbp to myself and the white macbook as gone to my future wife (no more private browsing for me now haha)

11. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I do the MBP 13" 2011 as portable and home PC.

At home it hooks up to a nice Acer 24" LCD and sits in a BookArc.

12. Alexjones thread starter macrumors 6502

13. Alexjones thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont use the mirror image option because my monitor gets partially filled. Instead i take the top tool bar under arrangements and drag it to the monitor window, Then i close the lid. Is this correct?