iPod Does anyone hook their iPod up to their GPS?

barr08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
I just bought a TomTom 510 on Woot, and one of the features it boasts is iPod connectivity. I guess you hook your iPod up to the GPS and to your car (through AUX or presumably an FM transmitter), and you can control your iPod through the touchscreen on the GPS. This was a major selling point for the GPS, I have fairly good directional skill, but everyone gets lost sometimes, right?

Has anyone done this with their TomTom or other GPS?

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
I just bought a TomTom 510 on Woot, and one of the features it boasts is iPod connectivity. I guess you hook your iPod up to the GPS and to your car (through AUX or presumably an FM transmitter), and you can control your iPod through the touchscreen on the GPS. This was a major selling point for the GPS, I have fairly good directional skill, but everyone gets lost sometimes, right?

Has anyone done this with their TomTom or other GPS?
I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 with iPod integration, and I love it. It's the same sort of set up... I use a dock cable to hook the iPod up to the head unit, and I'm able to control the system using the touch sceen. The AVIC is wired in to the sound system, so it's a direct, hardwired connection for the iPod audio. Very convenient, and sounds much better than my old FM transmitter!

Attachments

wfuggle

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2004
Birmingham, UK
TomTom compatible with ipod touch

I just bought a TomTom 510 on Woot, and one of the features it boasts is iPod connectivity. I guess you hook your iPod up to the GPS and to your car (through AUX or presumably an FM transmitter), and you can control your iPod through the touchscreen on the GPS. This was a major selling point
Good news- this also works with iPod touch (at least with tomtom 720)