Does anyone just love staring at the iPhone 4's screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozzyman500, Feb 14, 2011.

1. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Feb 4, 2009
    I find myself often starring at the screen, it's so beautiful! :eek: :cool:
  2. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Aug 29, 2009
    Coming from the Motorola Droid and now Verizon iPhone, it makes my droid look like a tube tv.
  3. Reefbone macrumors regular

Jul 13, 2008
  4. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 4, 2009
    I'm on ATT, and I actually had mine a day before launch day.

Just thought I'd make a feel good iPhone thread since so many people are complaining lately.
  5. Reefbone macrumors regular

Jul 13, 2008
    Nice thought but good luck breaking the pattern..

OP: I have an issue
    FBoy: No you don't

People are complaining about getting free rollover minutes for gods sakes.

PS If you're still staring at your screen 9 months later you need to put down the bong.
  6. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 4, 2009
    OK Reefbone, I give up.

Every one must be crabby today...

Always seems like there's a dark cloud over MacRumors...
  7. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Dec 4, 2008
    I agree with the OP: screen is still amazing to me and I've had it since last summer's launch as well. I love looking at it--especially from extreme angles away from center.
  8. kuebby macrumors 68000

Jan 18, 2007
    I agree with you ozzyman, seeing the iPhone screen is like the first time you saw an HDTV, you can only believe it because you're staring at it.

I've only had mine a couple months too... I guess the novelty hasn't totally worn off yet.
  9. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Nov 10, 2010
    three parts to this equation:

• "fanboys" who will gut you if you so much as hint that the iPhone isn't the second coming
    • People who love and are really satisfied with the iPhone 4
    • People who are sadly disappointed with the iPhone 4 when compared to all the latest (high-end) Android devices.

I fall somewhat into the last category and it's why I'm still holding on to my 3GS. I'll upgrade when I find out what comes out this June from Apple, but if they don't have a bigger screen again.... there's other phones calling.
  10. asleep macrumors 68040

Sep 26, 2007
  11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

Dec 28, 2009
    It's always like this :p Never seen a sunshine day here as long as I've been here. It is a forum after all.

To answer your question, yes. When I first got mine I stared at it forever (I used to have a 3G) Even now, every once in awhile I'll catch myself staring at some web page or some app and just marveling at how crisp the display is. Makes my ripped DVD's look awesome too. Now if we could just get a retina display on an iPad I'd be in heaven :D
  12. afd macrumors 6502a

Apr 12, 2005
    Am only amazed when I remember to put my glasses on...
  13. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

Feb 4, 2010
    I do.

I am astonished at how I can look at a folder of apps and see the individual details of each app within the folder -- without opening the folder.

I love reading on it and having book-like fonts creating rock-solid lettering.

It's an amazing screen that no one has yet duplicated.
  14. dnjs macrumors member

Feb 3, 2011
    I do too. :)

It is very crisp and clear compared to my iPod Touch (3rd generation). I have a few digital magazine subscriptions and find it much easier to read them now (even with the small screen).
  15. Jack105 macrumors member

Jan 23, 2011
    I just got mine from Verizon on Thurs and I can't believe it! I know the saying "to each his own" but when I see people with phones other then the iphone I think "man, you oicked the wrong phone!" Everything about it is amazing!
  16. kicko macrumors 65816

Aug 26, 2008
    I was but then i realized i was looking at the mobile page of deviantart, artistic nudes section :apple::eek:

coming from an 3g to a droid incredible then to iphone 4, it wasnt as drastic change but i do think it does look the best so far.
  17. tsolt macrumors regular

Feb 2, 2011
    I love it!! So amazing haha same here kicko except 3GS for me
  18. barkingDog macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2010

I think my intense usage of these devices pushed my eyesight down the drain, or at least accelerated the inevitable process.

Never needed glasses before. Then again, it could be just the age related thing (no, say it ain't so Joe!) -- serendipitously.

19. patp Guest

Apr 10, 2008
    Agree. A lot of bitter angry people here.
  20. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California