Does anyone know anything about Verizonwirless Contracts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Benjamindaines, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

If my statement says that my contract ends on August 5th, can I switch services that day or would I have to wait until the 6th?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. rhagen macrumors regular

You can switch your service at anytime. Your contract does not need to end for you to switch to another service. You will just have to make the payments on the contract until it is ended, but it doesn't prohibit you from using another service.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It does if you want to transfer your number.

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Did you sign your contract on August 5th, 2005 [2yr] or 2006 [1yr]?
    If so, you ought to be able to change on the 5th this year, as technically that is 1 day beyond the contract date. That whole 'which is the real millenium year' argument again...;)

6. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

And there lies my problem.
    I don't remember what the exact date was that I signed the contract and I'm not overly sure where the paper work is to go look...

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

IIRC, with Suckgular, we signed a contract December 22, 2004 and it lasted until 11:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2006. The 23rd, we switched out and had no problems. I can't say what it is with Verizon though, I recommend calling them to get a definite answer.

And, AFAIK, Verizon does in fact prorate their ETFs, so if you wanted to get out now, your ETF might only be a few bucks with less than a month to go.

8. rhagen macrumors regular

Didn't know that. When I changed providers I just got a new number. Didn't think of transferring a number over.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yep, it's been possible for the past few years to keep your number when you switch carriers. It's called number portability. You can also port a landline number to a wireless carrier, but I think that's a bit more involved. Wireless->Wireless ports usually only take a couple hours. It's definitely one of the only few good things the FCC has done :D