Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Is it covered under one year warranty?

Also, how can I tell if it's just one? It might be two.

MistaGavin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Is it covered under one year warranty?

Also, how can I tell if it's just one? It might be two.
Yes, just got a replacement through Apple because of this. Get a magnifying glass and makes sure its not something on top of the glass. You should be able to see it much more clearly with a magnifying glass as well.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
A quick FAQ for returning NEW iphones:
1. If the phone has been purchased within 30 days, you can exhange it for practially any reason, there is no issue here and you do NOT need a genius bar appointment to do so.
2. If your replacement came from a white box, you can no longer return the phone as new within the 30 days (for subsequent issues), you now must make a genius bar appointment and do it that way.
3. If you need to return your phone which you purchased within 30 days make sure you bring your retail box and accessories with you, you will get a new unopened box as a replacement - I personally would not accept a white box phone within the 30 days do to my FAQ #2.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Well here's my problem guys.

I'm super busy next week and then out of the country for 2 months.

Can I replace it when I get back?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Was there something wrong with the thread you already started on the exact same topic 15 minutes ago?

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
rip_tiny.gif

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Was there something wrong with the thread you already started on the exact same topic 15 minutes ago?

I'm sorry I didn't know I thought you for different Q's you start diff threads

---------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, does anyone know if Apple will change it out after I come back from overseas?

I will be be back in two months and a week.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I'm sorry I didn't know I thought you for different Q's you start diff threads

---------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, does anyone know if Apple will change it out after I come back from overseas?

I will be be back in two months and a week.

Dude, it's pretty much the exact same question from the exact same problem.

ccwestcliff

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Toronto, ON
Had a refurbished iPad 2 replaced due to one dead pixel without problems a couple of months ago. The Genius asked me if I would be worried that the dead pixels "might spread" - with a serious expression on my face I said yes and walked out with a brand new iPad! :)

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Dude, it's pretty much the exact same question from the exact same problem.

Well too bad suck it up.

----------

Had a refurbished iPad 2 replaced due to one dead pixel without problems a couple of months ago. The Genius asked me if I would be worried that the dead pixels "might spread" - with a serious expression on my face I said yes and walked out with a brand new iPad! :)

That's good to know! Thanks!

doc shivers

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012

That genius should have been fired on the spot. There is a certain professionalism that should be expected of Geniuses, and belittling customers is way over the line.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
That genius should have been fired on the spot. There is a certain professionalism that should be expected of Geniuses, and belittling customers is way over the line.

I didn't take it that. I know that dead pixel actually do spread...I think the Genius meant it seriously.

Godzirra

macrumors 6502
A quick FAQ for returning NEW iphones:
1. If the phone has been purchased within 30 days, you can exhange it for practially any reason, there is no issue here and you do NOT need a genius bar appointment to do so.
2. If your replacement came from a white box, you can no longer return the phone as new within the 30 days (for subsequent issues), you now must make a genius bar appointment and do it that way.
3. If you need to return your phone which you purchased within 30 days make sure you bring your retail box and accessories with you, you will get a new unopened box as a replacement - I personally would not accept a white box phone within the 30 days do to my FAQ #2.

As he said above, and yes they do have certain criteria for dead pixels, from iPhones and iPads, to MacBooks, and iMacs. If it is within warranty and AppleCare then book a Genius appointment, and they should be able to rectify the issue.

Be aware that if the dead pixel is affecting your usage (in the middle of the display) then it will be replaced straight away, but if it's to the side or edge of the display, then other rules/restrictions come into play.

Basically, if you're not happy, take it to your nearest Apple Service Centre and they'll sort it for you :)

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I had a dead pixel on my iPad and they gave me a new one. Appeared another one a couple of months later and they exchanged it again for another one.

Nice. :)

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
As he said above, and yes they do have certain criteria for dead pixels, from iPhones and iPads, to MacBooks, and iMacs. If it is within warranty and AppleCare then book a Genius appointment, and they should be able to rectify the issue.

Be aware that if the dead pixel is affecting your usage (in the middle of the display) then it will be replaced straight away, but if it's to the side or edge of the display, then other rules/restrictions come into play.

Basically, if you're not happy, take it to your nearest Apple Service Centre and they'll sort it for you :)

Ok great because the dead pixel is in the low middle. Maybe 2 cm down from the middle of the screen and in the center.

I'm glad that I can get it changed when I come back in a couple months. Thanks for the reply.

St8kout

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
My local Apple store replaced my ipad 3 without any hassle. I wasn't going to worry about it until I noticed the spot had gotten bigger in a month's time. 10 minutes later I walked out with a brand new ipad. Very happy with Apple's service.

Glad to see other companies catching on and being more liberal with their return policies. Home Depot, Amazon, Walmart (think Walmart was the one who started it all). Not satisfied? They will replace it for free. Can't beat that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.