Does anyone know how to fix this error? libAiOHPUtils.11.1.dylib plug-in

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macsrules, Mar 20, 2008.

1. macsrules macrumors regular

I have reinstalled the operating system twice on my Mac Mini Intel only to get this error everytime I go to Print from any application. I have never had this problem before. I installed the HP Driver for printer 5610xi. The only thing that I can think is the update to 10.5.2 is causing this conflict. I don't know. Has anyone else had this error? I looked for this file and could not find it, does anyone know where it is? I can't currently print because everytime I go to print, the document crashes and quits. Ideas or solutions?

Thanks,
    MacsRules

I included a screen show of the error I get after it crashes.
    I will be back later today and post any follow up responses if you need more info.

Attached Files:

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

I can't help you with your problem, but I can tell you that HP driver software is notoriously atrocious. So if I had to guess I'd definitely say this is a problem with HP putting out a bum driver. Are you sure you're using the most current HP drivers?

3. macsrules thread starter macrumors regular

I think so, I downloaded it directly from their website. What I don't understand is that it has worked perfect in the past. Only recently I have had this problem that is why I am not sure if it is the update that is conflicting with the driver? I also can't find this file on my computer even when I turn hidden on and do a search nothing. How do I find this file so I can remove it and see if my computer still crashes when I try to print?

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

spotlight doesn't search the system folder. Download the Program EasyFind from versiontracker.com or wherever. That'll let you search the system folder.

5. pinustyle macrumors newbie

libAiOHPUtils.11.1.dylib

I fond "libAiOHPUtils.11.1.dylib" in the folder >/Library/Printers/hp/aio/libAiOHPUtils.11.1.dylib > and deleted it.
    No printing is possible.
    Bye

6. pinustyle macrumors newbie

libAiOHPUtils.11.1.dylib

I made a mistake in writing in the last massage.
    Now printing is possible. :p