Does anyone know how to get 1st gen iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by archesdevil, Aug 3, 2008.

1. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

I am looking for a new or refurb 1st gen edge iPhone 16GB. I would prefer not to buy from ebay or third parties.

Is it still possible to buy them from Apple or AT&T?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. importluva macrumors member

Relatives. I traded my 8gb first gen for an 8gb 2nd gen thanks to my cousin. Or look for local people on craigslist.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Be prepared to shell out some serious cash. I sold my 8GB on eBay for $375 last week. 16GB are going for at least $500-$600 and even more.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

No. You have to find them through third-party sellers. I know Apple has some, but those are for warrantied phones gone bad (I saw two people get replacements while at the store).

6. dmel75 macrumors newbie

eBay

eBay is the best bet. Most iPhone ads on craigslist seem to be scams. I sold my first gen 16gb on eBay for 500$. I got the 3g and love it despite some quirks with both hardware and software. However, I just bought an 8gb first gen on eBay after realizing I should have kept mine. I paid 385$ for a mint condition 8gb first gen. I figure I'll need it when my 3g ringer button falls off or it cracks up and I have to send it in to AppleCare. :) maybe by then all these weird issues will be cleared up.

7. TonyMil macrumors member

Check the classifieds of your local paper.
    Post a notice at school or in the work break room that you are looking to buy.
    Ask the sales rep at AT&T "Hey, know anybody looking to sell their 1st Gen?"

8. dmel75 macrumors newbie

New first gen?

Good luck, you can find them new occasionally on eBay but be prepared to pay 500$ or more for them. The best way to get one "new" is to buy one from eBay that still has some warranty on it and hope something on it breaks so you can have applecare replace it with a refurb. Most, if not all refurb units look brand new in my experience. They look as if they've had a complete cover replacement.

9. iSurfHi macrumors regular

iSurfHi

I have the first generation iPhone for sale

Hi There,
    I do have a first generation iPhone for sale leave me an email.
    Thanks.....