Does anyone know how to import a CD in iTunes to the audiobook section?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anti-microsoft, Mar 12, 2008.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I've got these Psychology CDs that I want to import into the Audiobook section in iTunes but I can't. They import directly into the music section. I've googled this and can't find anything specific on this matter. Can anyone help?

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

There's a script somewhere in the internet that converts the imported files into the audiobook format. Somehow iTunes doesn't do this itself...

With this script you must import first, then use the script, then delete the files from your library (without poutting them into the trash) and finally re-import them. After that, they're in the Audiobooks section.

I'm not at my Mac at the moment, so I don't remember the name of this script, but perhaps someone else here does or knows a better way.

3. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok thanks!

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Yeah, thats the script. Strangely, it doesn't work for me without deleting and re-importing. Perhaps I didn't read the IMPORTANT NOTE...

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Works nicely for me, excellent for borrowing audiobooks at the local public library:

Skjermbilde 1.jpg

7. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

8. vermontcathy macrumors newbie

I'm still having trouble with this. This software is only for macs, right? I'm on a PC. ANy help?