Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
Hi, I wanted to clean up my current list of songs and decided to delete my iTunes library. Now, after I did so, I tried to sync my iPod thinking it would also delete the songs on it (the iPod). So now, I have an empty iTunes library, but I still have all of my songs on my iPod. Can anyone tell me how I can remove songs from my iPod? It would be much appreciated.

Mikey-

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
England
Plug your iPod into your computer and open iTunes. When you're on the summary tab click the music tab and uncheck the "sync all music" button.

It should wipe all your music off.

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
Ok, I did what you told me. And I got the message on iTunes saying something about losing the songs on it... then I disconnected my iPod, unplugged it. But I still have my songs. Did I do something wrong?

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
Is the iPods hold button on? In the previous message when it gave you the warning about losing all your songs if you sync... did you tell it to go ahead and sync or did you hit the cancel button?

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
Oh... I never actually thought of that. I thought it was just for like settings you had on it or whatever. Well, I might as well give it a try. I'll feel dumb if it works. :p

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
Is the iPods hold button on? In the previous message when it gave you the warning about losing all your songs if you sync... did you tell it to go ahead and sync or did you hit the cancel button?

Oh don't worry, I didn't hit cancel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.