Does anyone know if 10.5.6 fixes any of these bugs...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by italiano40, Nov 15, 2008.

1. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

1) When need to restart after a update, fixes the bug that the update software timesout

2)That Finder doesn't timeout when try to restart or shutdown

Any of these get fixed in 10.5.6

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

None of these are major issues. So I doubt it.

3. italiano40 thread starter macrumors 65816

italiano40

i would disagree these issues have been around since 10.5.4 at least, and they are blowing up on the "Official" apple and i pretty sure it is import that the shutdown and restart functions are major issues, i can't restart or shutdown the correct way that can destory a computer

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I understand your point. However, the only time it would be harmful to your computer is if you force the computer to shut down by hitting the power key, and you do this procedure on a regular basis.

Keep in mind that Mac OS is nothing like Windows. The platform that Mac OS is made upon is way more stable and can handle little hiccups like forced shutdowns way better than Windows can. The problem of the restart timing out has been around for a long time. I used to see it in Tiger and I'm sure it goes back further than that. You will experience this from time to time if a program is being stubborn and won't shutdown, the update software will timeout..

I don't think it's a huge issue. Let it timeout, shutdown any open programs and just do a manual restart by going to the Apple and restarting.