Does anyone know if Regent Street has the new MBP in?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by REBELinBLUE, Oct 15, 2008.

1. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

I've tried phoning several times but haven't managed to get through, normally only have to wait 5 minutes. Has anyone been to/managed to get through to them yet and do you know if they have them in stock?

Thanks

I ordered MBP as soon as the store came back online last night, but cancelled it within 5 minutes after I realised the delivery date was going to cause me problems. So figured I'd just wait or go pick one up, but Apple have already authorised the transaction and now I have to wait 5-7 business days to get that money back >_<

2. joe2906 macrumors newbie

I went to the store on Wednesday, but they'd sold out.

Thursday morning: no MBPs in their delivery, so they suggested trying today.

This morning: no delivery, only three 2.0 MBs left :(

I don't want to have to wait three weeks to get it online. Guess I'll try again next week...

3. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Similar at Birmingham's Bullring store. Few on the first day and then no more in the deliveries.

They're hoping for some next week now. <sigh>

4. joe2906 macrumors newbie

I was so close to getting one today...

Having waited for over two hours for the delivery to come in to RS, I was talking to the guy, choosing which color Nano to get with the student offer... But by the time the guy had walked up the stairs, they'd run out :(

Feeling a bit pissed off...

But FYI, they seem to have the 2.4GHz version in (or at least they did when I left).

5. tom burns macrumors member

I called them today and they have no MBPs...
    And they dont know when they will actually have...
    I may end up ordering online (I dont mind the waiting - I want to catch the BTS by 31 oct and get the rebate for the iPod) but I am afraid that if I receive a defective one, it would be harder to exchange it than having bought it in a retail store... :(