Does anyone know if they make a HDMI to S-Video cable?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by natatos, Dec 27, 2010.

1. natatos macrumors regular

Hi so I got a thing to connect my Macbook to tv screens but the one I'm going to use it on most doesn't have a HDMI input only s-video and composite. My Macbook has a mini displayport and the guy at the Apple store said they don't make that to s-video or composite. I know their would be lost quality and I'm fine with that. If their isn't one then were can I buy what I need.

2. occams razor macrumors regular

Now I'm not sure if they make one for mini display port but I had a adapter that was svideo and composite out for my iBook g3, my PowerBook g4, my emac, and my friend has one for his first gen intel MacBook. I don't see why they would stop making them. If you have a "the Mac store" around you I would check there. I have always had better luck finding anything I need with them then the officail apple stores. A bonus you don't have to deal with groups of ass hats that don't know how to use their products and are taking classes in store!

3. natatos thread starter macrumors regular

I think they sell what your talking about at Best Buy I think they were DVI though, I was about to get one but realized it was the wrong kind.

4. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

5. occams razor macrumors regular

Okay so my research has shown that the minidisplay port is all digital and apple will never make a s-video adapter. But there is hope

http://www.grandtec.com/products/video/untimateEZ.html

Cheap, easy, and it works. We need to sticky this product! Hope this helps all you MBP people

6. natatos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help I didn't think of using a vga, I suppose I'll see if I can find a cable for one later today.

7. occams razor macrumors regular