does anyone know if tom tom will be on the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by big bri, Apr 13, 2009.

1. big bri macrumors newbie

As im about to get a new iphone i have spent hours and days researching iphones and one think comes up all the time gps. I know about goofle maps and something called xroad. But as i was trawling tinterent i came across reports for a tom tom app for the iphone, but have seen little since it was mentioned last june are they still planning on a gps sytem for iphone as most mobiles now have a turn by turn gps system and it would make life easier. not to lug everything around in the car.

Im surprised that apple have not jumped at this a sit seems to be so perfect a device you get a phone entertainment and sat nav all in the car and on your iphone.

O wel maybe im stupid but seems so logical an idea.:confused:

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Tom Tom and Garmin will probably have iPhone apps after 3.0 is released. The 3.0 SDK allows for true turn-by-turn navigation apps.

3. synagence macrumors 6502a

I kinda suspect the likes of garmin/telenav or tomtom have had apps ready and waiting for quite some time (there were rumours about it when appstore was first announced) and will(could) release them on day 1 of 3.0 hitting

In-app subscriptions for maps and updated maps or city-guides/detail maps are all perfect for the likes satnav and they'll jump on it