Does anyone know if...

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by James Godfrey, Dec 19, 2011.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Apple are working on or are going to allow customers who used iTunes before iCloud came out to have their new @me.com email addresses as there primary email address/apple ID.

This is becoming very frustrating now, as everything else I receive emails from are now going to my new @me.com email address except my iTunes newsletters and purchase receipts!

This is really annoying as apple is forcing me to keep my @hotmail.co.uk email address just for emails from them and them alone.

BIT SILLY CONSIDERING APPLE WANT CUSTOMERS TO USE THEIR EMAIL SYSTEM AND NOT OTHERS.

I have tried messaging support on numerous occasions asking if anythings being worked on etc... and they just keep sending me links to mobileme info, which has nothing to do with it.

The only way it seems to get an Apple ID with the me.com as the primary email address is to bascially create yet another Apple ID from scratch via the iDevice.

James

2. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Just to clarify this isnt about merging two Apple ID's because both my hotmail email address and my me email address both log into the same account, so they are both tied in together as one, all thats needed is an option on the My Apple ID page to allow users to change their primary email address to the me.com email address that is tied to the account.

Apple support seem to think that my me.com email address is a seperate ID all the time, but a search on the My Apple ID says that my @me.com email address is not an Apple ID, and so isnt recognised as such it just a tied in email address.