does anyone know of a GOOD Checkbook App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by zepharus, Jun 23, 2009.

1. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I am looking to replace my paper recording of checking activity. I need a GREAT app with a good UI that replaces this . thanks in advance.

2. odelay macrumors 6502

How about something like Spendly. I've not used it as I'm in the UK and it's US only for now, but it looks pretty nice.

3. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I've been using Day Bank for quite a while now and I think its great.

4. dabigone macrumors regular

5. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Checks... Im sure some do. Checking ACCOUNTS.. um yes

6. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

For bank accounts and transactions, PocketMoney is great. It's fast, and everything but graphs and category edit work great.

Google graphs doesn't label all the sections, the developer is working on built in graphs, and the default categories can't be deleted (actually I haven't tried that yet with the new update, might work now as the developer said that bug was fixed in the next update a month ago).

For income/expense tracking without tracking bank accounts, TapExense is fast with a simple UI. I'll go with TapExpense once they support accounts and transfers.

SplashMoney has great features, but sync and fast entry both need work.

7. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

Ledger, hands down. It uses the double entry method of accounting, but it's simple to learn and you'll never turn back once you use it. Check out ledgerapp.com. That said, wait for 2.0 which should be approved any day according to the developer. 1.2 has problems with OS 3.0.

8. mhuntoon macrumors member

are there any apps that will sync with Microsoft Money 2007? I've got years worth of data in that program already and I'd hate to have to re-engineer all of it. Ideally, I'd be able to balance my checkbook on my PC with MS Money and use my iPhone when I'm out and use the debit card or write a check and have the app and the Money program sync whenever I connect the iPhone to the PC - pretty much daily.

9. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I am personally using the app simply called Checkbook.

I track 15 accounts in it and I have had 0 issues.

When I upgraded to the 3GS my data came back with a restore.

The developer is also very active on his forums and answers emails.

You can check it out here: http://www.checkbookiphoneapp.com/