Does anyone know of a good math note taking app?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NJMetsHero, Apr 3, 2010.

1. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

I really want to get one of these. But my first use case for it is school. If I'm going to do that, I want to be able to take notes with it. I'm an Actuarial Science major, so I need to be able to do scratch work types of things on it, and have a good equation editor. Does anyone know of anything like this? It would be a big deal for me and a good reason for me to buy it.

2. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

I love evernote, and so far the iPad version of evernote is freaking awesome.

I think evernote is supposed to add "ink" ability soon, but they have not been very specific yet.

3. jodorowsky00 macrumors regular

4. NJMetsHero thread starter macrumors regular

Cool these could help I think. If I do end up getting one I will definitely check all of these out. It's not quite what I expected, but they'll definitely help. I hope at some point a developer will make an app specifically for what I want so it has an equation writer and things like that. If I can multitask then it won't be a problem, keep Google Docs open or something.

5. ayasinsk macrumors regular

USB cable too short?

Anyone else think the USB cable is too short? We didn't get headphones, screen cleaning cloth, headphones, or a dock standard with our ipads. The least apple could have done is make the USB cable twice as long. Unless you are literally sitting right next to a wall outlet its uncomfortable to charge your iPad and use it at the same time. What do you think?