Does anyone know of a VERY durable, lightweight macbook cover?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by familybennett, Feb 24, 2009.

1. familybennett macrumors newbie

My 12 year old son has a sensory motor disorder and must use a computer for all of his schoolwork. He is in jr. high and must schlep his laptop from class to class. Because of the disorder, my son is quite clumsy & accident-prone. Hence, his Macbook takes quite a beating. Several months ago, I purchased a two piece, plastic, faux leather covered, snap-on cover. The plastic shell has broken in the places where the bottom half clips on, and the faux leather covering is ripping. I need to purchase a replacement. I need something that doesn't have a slick surface that could slip from my son's hands, and it must stay on while the unit is in use. What I liked about the faux leather is that it's kind of "grippy", and adds a shock absorption component, as well. I also want to purchase a good keyboard cover. Any suggestions?

2. EB66 macrumors 6502

the only thing i can really think of is the incase plastic cover but i am not sure if they are slick, you might be able to mod it or put some sort of rubber on it for grip