Does anyone know of a website that....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Apr 10, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Anyone know of any website you can visit when you need to match up what JB and Unlock tool you need for a particular firmware and or baseband??

For instance when I need to download a particular firmware I just visit the following site http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and after a few drop down menus, where you select what model of phone or ipod you have, you then select what firmware you want to download and you're good to go.

Basically what I'm looking for, or something similar is if I have an:

iphone 3g...on iOS 4.1 with baseband 05.14.04.......it would then tell me I need to use, say Blackra1n to JB and to unlock you'll need Ultrasn0w 1.20

OR

iphone 4...on 4.2.1 with baseband 03.10.01...it would tell what JB and unlock to use again.

After spending so much time searching the net all I can find are mixed answers. I assume there must be that one great site a few people might know of, just like how easy felixbruns is to find what you want.

If you've never visited felixbruns...check it out and save it to your bookmarks. It might come in handy some day!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

James

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

iclarified or jailbreakmatrix

The only unlock for the 3GS is the ipad bb. You lose warranty, gps, can never update in itunes ever again and must use custom firmware for the rest of your life. I don't recommend it.

To unlock an iphone 4, you must have a bb of 1.59 or lower. You can't lower the bb, so don't ask. There is a sim transposer that unlocks iphone 4. Search MR for more info on it.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Iclarified is probably the best but if you Goggle Jailbreak or Unlock wizard or tool you will find several. another one is on my signature.

4. fuzion11, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey everyone,

Here's another cool site you should check out. If anyone knows of anymore, please keep sharing them with the rest of us...

http://pwnmyi.com/gui/

5. fuzion11, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I have a question and have posted a picture of what I'm asking....

Someone said a good tool to tell if and how to JB your device would be to use Forecast, developed by ihatesn0w. I've attached the photo of what forecast displayed.

My question is...it says only "Jailbreakable with SHSH blobs saved". I'm on 4.2.1 and when I did JB my device I sure didn't need any SHSH blobs when I jailbroke with greenposi0n.

Is forecast talking about the most current firmware, which is 4.3.1??? It also says I can't unlock it? I believe this is true because there isn't a unlock for my BB which is 03.10.01

So why is forecast saying I can only JB with my SHSH saved??? I don't understand.

Attached Files: