Does anyone know the early upgrade policy for Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tigercat212, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Tigercat212 macrumors regular

Seeing that a Verizon iPhone this summer is becoming more likely with each passing day, does anyone know how much I would have to pay in order to upgrade from my Droid that I bought in November?

2. vespoli macrumors member

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I know with T-Mobile and AT&T it all depends on your credit score, how much you pay each month, etc. so it may be better off to call Verizon.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

the iphone isnt coming to verizon. it has already been confirmed by a verizon sales representative at the customer support line.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I am not sure that would satisfy me as a definitive confirmation of Verizon/Apple's long term policy and negotiations

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

7. auero macrumors 65816

Even if they called they wont tell you how much. More than likely unless they have a special upgrade price, you won't be able to do it without buying the phone out right. It shouldnt be any different than someone who was in contract when the droid came out.

8. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

You will be paying full retail cost for the device. If you are a secondary line you have to fulfill 20 months of a 24 month contract to be eligible for upgrade. If you are a primary plan $59.99 or higher you get an annual upgrade every year from when you signed the contract so IE: November. Or if your on a family plan you can do an alternate upgrade to your number with an eligible line on the account.

9. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I thought the sales rep's sister in law has the final say on whether or not it will be out on VZW? :rolleyes:

10. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

HAHAHAH THIS GUY^^^^^

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're going to be waiting a very long time for an iPhone on verizon.
    Maybe 2012-2014

12. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

HAHAH here's another one.^^^ Every post about the verizon iphone he makes is negative. Acts like AT&T will have the iphone forever.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hahaha
    Tmobile has alot better chances than Verizon getting a CDMA iphone.
    If you want to sit there and wait 3-4 years go for it while I enjoy my iPhone :D

14. Tigercat212 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, it's because of this article I read: http://mashable.com/2010/01/06/qualcomm-verizon-iphone-chip/

It is still a rumor, but it is seeming more likely seeing that Apple ordered a crapload of Qualcomm chips over this past year. Saying that AT&T will have the iPhone forever would just be ignorant, seeing that a top executive (can't remember exactly who it was) at AT&T said that there iPhone exclusivity will end soon.

15. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Even if/when AT&T loses the exclusivity it doesn't mean they will lose the iPhone, it just means they won't be the only carrier with the iPhone.

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Sounds like the rep just wanted to make sure you bought a Droid.

17. Tigercat212 thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly. That is their job, so why would they tell you to wait when they could rack up a sale by convincing you to get a Droid? Also, everytime I have asked this question to a Verizon representative, they have always told me that they have no information either way.