Does anyone know the wattage on the MBP speakers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SiliconAddict, Nov 12, 2008.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Specifically the first and second gen speakers on the 15.4"ers. I want to do a comparison to what I currently have on my 2.33Ghz MBP against a new computer I unfortunately can't play with first.

I've spent the last few weeks looking and even in the maint manual for the thing there is no mention of W for the speakers. The best I've been able to find is a part number on http://www.welovemacs.com/9227192.html

Not even a peep about its specs. Bah!

Anyone?

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Why are you using amp power to compare speakers? Wattage numbers are half made up anyway, and if you don't know the impedance and distortion, they are completely useless. I highly doubt the amp is capable of more than a few watts RMS, and the speakers have too small of drivers and magnets to produce anything beyond "Thin and mediocre" anyway. If you want good audio quality, use the headphone/line out jack. That what it's for.

3. valvehead macrumors regular

It's over 9000! :rolleyes:

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I guess if you wanted to know really badly, you could find the people to take it apart (EDIT: http://www.kodawarisan.com) and get them to do some independent testing. Or, maybe they can get the part number and they can find it out themselves.

5. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

You just won this thread. Well played, sir, well played.

6. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I couldn't find anything - but I'll venture to guess between 6 and 12 watts total. With battery life as a consideration, size constraints and cost - I can't imagine it'd be any higher.

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy