Does anyone know what speakers these are?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Benjic, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Benjic macrumors regular

[​IMG]

I really like this setup, and I'm trying to find those speakers somewhere, but I haven't had any luck.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

The question is where did you get the picture from. That might help you find out. Was it a member here?

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

You mean you like the way that the speakers look? There are lots of small wood-cased 2-ways on the market. You'll need an integrated amp (or receiver) as pictured.

4. amik macrumors regular

While they are nice looking, placing nearfield monitors on a tabletop is almost always a bad idea. Most nearfield monitors need to be placed on small stands raised near ear level to avoid early reflections of the desk surface. If you are going to spend the money on nice audio equipment, you might as well set it up in a manner that gives you the most sonic benefit.

The speakers shown may include crossovers that take into account the early reflections and take some steps to compensate for that placement, though they likely do not sound as good as they could.

Check out zaphaudio.com for a cool desktop one-way design with stands.

5. Benjic thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, Ill just stick with my iMac stock speakers.

I just wanted speakers that look like that, i'm by no means an audiophile, and I'm not spending alot of money. But thanks.