Does Anyone Know whats happening!?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by yawara kid, Aug 3, 2007.

1. yawara kid macrumors newbie

i cant find an answer anywhere! Certain movie clips that i attempt to play are broken up into 1 or 2 minute intervals and i have to drag the playhead back to the start to continue watching from where it was? I know it is the full file because when i open the clips on another computer they play right through? can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance, james.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Could you give a little more detail. What do you mean broken up into intervals, and what software are you using to play them?

Thanks,

Brian

3. mac's my homie macrumors newbie

also, what kind of movie clips are you talking about? ripped movie clips? your own digital video clips? etc.

4. yawara kid thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh sorry. I am using quicktime, the files are mostly in mpg format and are downloaded clips like skateboarding movies etc. The playtime bar down the bottom says the clips are only 1 or 2 minutes depending on which clip i play and then once it reaches the end, if i drag the playhead back to the start it plays the next 1 or 2 minutes and i have to repeat this to watch the full clip. I know the full file is there because when i play them on my old pc they play right through. Its kind of like someone has put the clips together but my mac can't read them sequentially? I have tried using divx player also but they still only play the short period. haha i've got no idea.

Thanks for your time, James.