Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woomy123

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2009
i have read on some websites that apple are following an order releasing beta every 2 weeks but the last beta that came out was just 6 days after beta 4. so when will beta 6 be released?:apple:

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
I don't think that the new Beta will come out tomorrow, because apple just started testing an app with push and the app stops working in 7 days.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I don't think that the new Beta will come out tomorrow, because apple just started testing an app with push and the app stops working in 7 days.

I think we'll see it Thursday. It makes sense for this because it'll allow them to see how the AP app pushes in b5 and then make the necessary tweaks for b6 and see how it works. That would also set it to happen 2 weeks after the last beta release and that - even though Apple can deviate as they wish - would follow the schedule we've had so far.

jamespa66

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Kenosha, WI
I think we'll see it Thursday. It makes sense for this because it'll allow them to see how the AP app pushes in b5 and then make the necessary tweaks for b6 and see how it works. That would also set it to happen 2 weeks after the last beta release and that - even though Apple can deviate as they wish - would follow the schedule we've had so far.

How do you figure Thursday? All the iPhone beta releases to date for 3.0 have been on a Tuesday.

Woomy123

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2009
really where from?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 273

Woomy123

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2009
great due to the testing of this app, we now know we won't see a new beta update till next week :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.