Does anyone know when Airport Express will be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TsMkLg068426, Feb 20, 2014.

1. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

I have the second version of the first gen Airport Express and I am running into problems but I do not want to upgrade it right away if there is going to be a Airport Express that will support 802.11ac since I have the new Extreme and the older Extreme extending wireless connections.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

We are a user based forum and do not know if anything is upcoming. Based on Apple's trends with the Express, it is not going to be soon, but I may be wrong. You spoke of problems with your existing network. We are here to help with that, just report back and quote me in the post.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Tim Cook knows.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

I doubt it. The Airport Express is such a small ticket item that I bet its not even on his radar and is handled by someone else.

5. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

The threads I've read here say that a new mini, new ATV, and new express are all in the works for this summer/fall. With a few reports even suggesting boxes that combine 2 of these functions. Should be a fun year!

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

There are way better small routers out there with AC wireless what go with the Apple one? Or do you need AirPlay?