Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pollybrowne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
I’m with AT&T and I’d like to order through them as when I went on to Apple’s site my estimated ship date wasn’t going to be until Oct and last year going directly through AT&T allowed me to get mine faster. But I can’t find anything about purchasing the 6 directly from carriers on the site or in the news yet.

Anyone have any information?

Reactions: batristain

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Since there isn't really a pre order period it probably won't be until Friday. Best bet is check Best Buy Friday morning and try to get one in store or do an in store pickup

whitehall

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
To expand on what Csp528 posted: Best Buy is taking preorders ... but ONLY for shipping to home. You can't pick it up in store.

Reactions: Csp528

JWreck

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2016
Worth noting it looks like Best Buy says shipped on the 18th, not delivered. No pickup option for me, either.

Zippy3505

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2015
Indiana
I’m wary of ordering thru Best Buy for delivery times. The last thing I ordered thru them said next day delivery, but it was more like 3-4 days. I’m also surprised my carrier, T-Mobile, didn’t have pre-order. They always have and we’ve received watches and phones on launch day. The csr’s don’t know any details, either.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I’m wary of ordering thru Best Buy for delivery times. The last thing I ordered thru them said next day delivery, but it was more like 3-4 days. I’m also surprised my carrier, T-Mobile, didn’t have pre-order. They always have and we’ve received watches and phones on launch day. The csr’s don’t know any details, either.

I cancelled my order with Apple and ordered at BB for a couple reasons.

1. My ship date for Apple was 7-10 business days anyway.
2. Ordering from Best Buy includes an additional 3 months (6 months total) Fitness+ along with 4 months for News+ and Music for free.

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
I’m with AT&T and I’d like to order through them as when I went on to Apple’s site my estimated ship date wasn’t going to be until Oct and last year going directly through AT&T allowed me to get mine faster. But I can’t find anything about purchasing the 6 directly from carriers on the site or in the news yet.

Anyone have any information?
ATT did a press release and said you can't order until 9/18 at 8 am. Best Buy has the watches but only for Sprint....not ATT for Series 6. I guess they decided to not do pre-orders this year (maybe COVID related)....I'm holding out for ATT - they are faster than Best Buy
(here's the article https://about.att.com/story/2020/apple_ipad_watch.html )

Last edited:
Reactions: artfossil

Csp528

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, USA
AT&T orders are live. I was just able to place an order for a 44mm Blue Aluminum with a delivery date of 9/22-9/24. I already got a order number and an email confirming my order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.