Does anyone know when the next WWDC is, am excited for the MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Does anyone know when the new MacBook Pro is coming?

I have a late 2013 2.6/8/256 and it works like butter. I really love it!

Also, what are the rumors for the new one?

I think I read there was going to be a touch panel?

Thanks.

2. spesifikbrush macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

WWDC happens at June every year. New Macs will probably be anounced this October event, I am almost sure of it because it has been quite a time since Macs like Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Macbook Pro an Macbook Air got updated.

3. meldea macrumors regular

I don't even want to consider the possibility of the next MBP not coming until summer 2017.

4. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Lol! I know. It's been too long. I don't know if I would upgrade to be honest bc my machine works great and I really love it. Might sound lame but it has sentimental value to me, so giving it up would be hard.

But I am interested in finding out what the new one will have. I hope it is really good.

5. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Yes you only have about a month. I am in the same boat waiting patiently! Stuck on my mid-2012 macbook air but really need more power. Hoping this update brings it!

6. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

If your current laptop works fine, don't bother upgrading.

7. jerryk, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

jerryk macrumors 68020

Apple does not tie MacBook releases to WWDC, unless it suits their time frame. If they decide to wait for KabyLake the timing may match up. The KabyLake version of high performance quad-core processors used in rMBP 15" class machines is said to ship in the Spring of 2017.

8. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

On the other hand, for as long as Apple don't update the Mac book Pro, then I've got the latest model. Who could begrudge me that?

9. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

ya I'm ready for them to release new models as well on a 09 13 inch map love it but still want something more. after my mid 2012 15 inch non retina died on me i had to get the 09 one nice little machine but i so want a dedicated gpu for bootcamp gaming on the go and for editing my youtube videos. but I'm not going to buy the current one with a new one on the horizon so hoping they put another nvidia card in th embed and yes i know windows is better for gaming but i don't like having multiple machines. I'm a collage student with vary limited space.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, its been quite a while since they rolled out a new laptop at WWDC, and the trend apple has embraced the past few years is not to have any hardware releases, since its a, you know, a developer conference.

11. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

ya the last time i remember hardware at wwdc was 2012 with the retina MacBook pro

12. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

2010 Macbook Pro here. Been missing some features that the newer macs have that were left out of my Laptop. Been waiting patiently since the first rumors about a MBP release in June!

13. marcociccone macrumors member

I need to buy a new one before November and I'm waiting patiently. If nothing comes out, I'll probably go for current rMB or rMBP.