Does anyone Know where I can get "original" Apple Ram ???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by XxxMadCowxxX, Dec 27, 2008.

1. XxxMadCowxxX macrumors newbie

XxxMadCowxxX

Does anyone Know where I can get "original" Apple Ram for a powerbook g4 1.67? 17in I've been looking everywhere but cant seem to find it, does any one know the make? Or does anyone have one they are willing to sell/give? The main reason why it has to be original is because applecare wont take my laptop for repairs unless I have the ram it came with. (yes I know, you guys are prop thinking "whao you still got applecare" yes but only a few days haha.) Any help would be great!! ;) Thanks!!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can try buying from Apple. Or you could just buy RAM, rip off the label and say it's the original RAM.

3. XxxMadCowxxX thread starter macrumors newbie

XxxMadCowxxX

Yea I tried to buy the ram from Apple, I called them bc they didn't have the ram on the site but they said that they no longer carried it. I guess I could replace the sticker but only if that's the last resort. dam :( Anyone got any other ideas?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

AFAIK, Apple doesn't care if you don't have the original RAM unless the culprit of your issues happens to be said RAM.

5. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Really? They took mine just fine and returned it with my RAM sticks in it. I just had the store add a note to indicate that the RAM wasn't Apple RAM and what capacity it was.

I suppose it depends on what the problem is with the PB.

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Yeha, they should not be caring about the ram unless its the cause of problem, in which case they'd tell you that so you can get it replaced yourself.

my imac has 1gb of apple supplied and 1gb of non apple supplied ram, the first time it went in for repair, they returned it repaired, but with the non apple stick not put back in and given back to me in an anti static bag and a note saying it didn't seem to fit, so they didn't put it back in. Which I found fair enough, as it was an extremely tight fit into the slot, very slightly too thick. But it works just fine.

7. Skonix macrumors newbie

Original Ram

You can find Ram for your powerbook at www.macsales.com , its a great site and you can search for all items that are compatible with your specific mac model, so you might actually find your original ram here. I recently upgraded to 4 gigs of DDR2 ram for 50 bucks from them and it works great. Hope you can find what your lookin for there!

8. Pixellated macrumors 65816

They should take the laptop with the non-Apple RAM, what are the problems you're experiencing?

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

If your unsure about the exact type of RAM you need, you can go here: http://www.crucial.com/ (thats the US version, there is a UK version) an press "Scan My System" that will tell you exactly what you need and offer you some for sale, I wouldnt buy it there though, because as Crucial is reputable its a bit expensive, but a safe bet.

10. nick9191 macrumors 68040

1. If your applecare expires in a few days why does it matter.
    2. It doesn't matter what RAM you have. RAM is user replaceable and does not void the warranty. Apple even tell you how to do it on their website.

11. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Firefly2002 didn't; it's on Wikipedia…