Does anyone know where to find a long computer desk?

Brorua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2019
London
Hey people,

I'm about to purchase a second computer, and I need to find a nice desk between 60 and 80 inches wide, to hold them both. All of the "office" sites I go to either sell desks for one computer, or a monster-sized mini cubicle. I just want something sleek, and suited for two PCs and one seat.

Does anyone have two PC's on the same desk, or know where to find one?

AndyMacAndMic

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2017
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hey people,

I'm about to purchase a second computer, and I need to find a nice desk between 60 and 80 inches wide, to hold them both. All of the "office" sites I go to either sell desks for one computer, or a monster-sized mini cubicle. I just want something sleek, and suited for two PCs and one seat.

Does anyone have two PC's on the same desk, or know where to find one?
I had the same problem as you, so I bought a table top (and separate legs) at IKEA. I also bought separate drawer cabinets (on wheels) there. Basically I assembled my own desk.
IKEA sells table tops in a lot of different sizes. Just have a look in their online shop.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Having more that one computer on a desk does not seem to be a common thing for the average person so most retailers don't market and sell specifically to that. Which is why it's hard to find what you're looking for.

If you look though, there are a couple of commercial vendors or custom shops that make wood or steel tables that are in the area of what you're looking for.

I've managed to cobble things together for myself but I'd love to have one consistent desk.

An old desk from 1985 that my parents go me when I was 15, a sideways fish tank stand, an odd two shelf wood stand I got from a former employer, and a $20 Walmart Parson's coffee table that I got longer legs for from Home Depot.

2018-11-15 11.43.07.jpg

Reactions: LizKat

ejb190

macrumors 65816
My standing desk in my office is an 8' counter top screwed to the wall with L brackets and three legs across the front. Works great. Replace the legs with a couple of cabinets from Lowes or a file cabinet and you'd have a pretty good basic desk.

My personal computer desk is a 1940's drafting table. A little too deep, but works alright.

Reactions: millerj123

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Have you looked at Evodesk? I don’t stand much, but the memory electric adjustment is very nice. Match it up with ergo adjustable dual+ monitor stands. The workspace is comfortable and clean.

https://www.evodesk.com/

3A22175D-3447-48D2-928E-E6E7B540DFB8.jpeg

C771451E-B155-40DA-B16B-A73C66CF6341.jpeg

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Any good millwork shop could make the desktop for you, and you can buy legs for it (as many as you need). If you want drawers, that's more costly, but a drawer pedestal or two (filing cabinets?) is an option. How wide (deep) does the desktop need to be? How wide is the door you would have to bring it through? If you do as I suggest, a 3" (7.6cm) wide door would be sufficient, since you could slide it through sideways.

millerj123

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
My standing desk in my office is an 8' counter top screwed to the wall with L brackets and three legs across the front. Works great. Replace the legs with a couple of cabinets from Lowes or a file cabinet and you'd have a pretty good basic desk.

My personal computer desk is a 1940's drafting table. A little too deep, but works alright.
I had built a 3 station wall in a previous home out of a counter top with two filing cabinets in the front for support, and a bracket in the studs across the back. At this point, we have multiple computer desks throughout the house.

cube

macrumors P6
May 10, 2004
You might need to reinforce the table even if it is not very big (I had a 30kg monitor).

I see that IKEA now sells custom cut tops like up to 4 meters wide.

jbarley

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I use a corner desk purchased from Staples business depot.
It houses 3 Mac Pros comfortably, and I like the seating position in the center, just have to turn my chair
to use any of my systems.
photo.JPG