does anyone knows anything about "AssistantBDowngrade"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pastarojna, Dec 17, 2010.

1. pastarojna macrumors member

pastarojna

If you accidentally updated your iPhone 4 to 4.2.1 and lost your unlock, you’re in luck! There is now a way to downgrade iPhone baseband 03.10.01 to 01-59.00 in a few simple steps thanks to AssistantBDowngrade, an application available through Cydia.

Please note that this only works with the iPhone 4 on OS 4.2.1 with baseband 03.10.01 and the older bootloader. Let me repeat this so it’s clear. This trick will only work for iPhone 4 4.2.1 baseband 03.10.01 with bootlloader .

I CANT FIND IT IN CYDIA , I NEED THE SORCE!
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?
    THANKS

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I would wait till the info is posted on a trusted source. I would also wait to here from the Dev-Team about it. I had a pretty busy week so I haven't fallowed them as close. but if they haven't giving it a thumbs up I'd stay away. through google I see no mention of it in what I consider a trusted source. my advice wait a little longer.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Okay I'll bite. Where did you read this? Show us the source.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Hoax

If you google this you find the original post where this is posted, and there is a discussion comment section with a hundred people asking for the password to the file.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

figured unless a reliable source talks about it stay away. I promise if this was legit Musclenered or Comex etc. would be talking about it!

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Not surprised if this is a hoax considering someone who has been on this forum for 6 months now and is still a newbie posted it. It leads me to believe they don't have much of anything to say.

7. pastarojna thread starter macrumors member

pastarojna

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Yup that would be the hoax site I was referring to.

Seriously, why password protect it? I am guessing you will be signing up for a world of spam filter excercise.

9. pastarojna thread starter macrumors member

pastarojna

well i requested the password, will let u know whats up with that!

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

ok good luck, don't say people didn't try to warn you! :rolleyes:

11. noiceT macrumors 6502a

lol, limera1n.org

This should be interesting...:rolleyes:

12. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

They aren't posting comments anymore for that article, either that or they don't like my attitude.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

14. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Definitely aren't allowing comments anymore either, I posted something like "haha, now all your applecare contracts are void, -sj"

15. diamond99 macrumors newbie

will update

hello, and before you ask, yes, i am a newbie.

just to let you know though, i was curious about the downgrade baseband AssistantBDowngrade app. Not stupid enough to download it though. there are a number of articles referencing it but i went to the source, which was suspiciously hoax-like. hundreds of people are requesting pw's to use the program - if it's legit, why the password?
    but i did note that there are ways to downgrade the bb if you have the older bootloader (5.08) - so assistantbdowngrade may make use of this loophole.
    so it may, possibly, be legit. on the offchance it may be, i asked for the pw and will update you if provided with one.
    did not download the app and have inputted an em i use for any company that may send spam ..... should keep me protected but updated. will let you know what transpires.
    all the best.
    (and see, newbies are not all stupid.... but thanks to the user who suggested that. nice of you.)0