Does anyone make a Bluetooth noise level App for the Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Partron22, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

USB3 is known to mess with Bluetooth reception: here and here.
    I just had to move my USB hub so as to get non jittery magic mouse performance.
    It'd be nice to be able to see when this is a problem, instead of spending time looking for imaginary cat hairs blocking the mouse lens.
    Apple's Wireless Diagnostics (hold down the option key, then click on the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar) provides a nice graph, including S/N ratio for Wi-Fi, but I'm not finding similar for Bluetooth connections.
    Something inside the Mac is reading the transmission, surely someone has written a little App so I can see what that signal looks like?
    It'd be nice to find out for sure that all I have to do to decrease noise by 20 dB is wrap my hub in aluminum foil, or re-orient the SSD enclosure, instead of playing the "hey that seemed to work game.

2. campyguy, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015

campyguy macrumors 68040

I use shielded USB cables and toss the USB cables that come with the toy/peripheral I just bought. End of problem. "Free" as in the cables that shipped with the thing I just plugged into my Macs usually isn't the best solution for me.

Shielded cables are my "noise reducers".