Does anyone notice their phone occasionally doesn't charge at normal speed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmx, Oct 9, 2015.

1. dmx macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2008
    This is something I've noticed on my previous iPhones as well as my current 6 Plus. It has happened with Apple wall blocks and cables, as well as MFi certified options.

Sometimes, i plug my phone in the 2.1 amp charger, and noticed it isn't charging at normal speed (about 1 percent a minute). Sometimes, I have to unplug it and plug it bag in, or unplug the USB cable from the block and try again.

I recently purchased a USB power meter and noticed that when this happens, the amps will either be stuck at about .46-.47 amps, or .96-.97 amps. At normal speeds, the amps are about 1.86a.

Anyone know why this happens?
  2. I7guy macrumors G5

Nov 30, 2013
    Looking at Central Park@550 feet
    It could be something with your outlet. My 6s charges noticeably faster with the big brick charger.
  3. dmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2008

Mine does 99 percent of the time as well. It's just that, on a very rare occasion, I can sit there and my battery won't increase at all if I'm using it and it's been plugged in for 5 or 10 minutes, even though the indicator says charging (I'm talking about battery at 5 or 10 percent, not trickle charging at 90..) And like I said, the amps are "stuck". For some reason, the phone thinks it cnnected to a .5a or 1amp charger.

It's very weird.