Does anyone own a MacCuff Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jb60606, Apr 27, 2008.

1. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

It's a simple bracket that lets you mount/hang your Mac Pro beneath your desk.

Is it worth it? Any hang-ups? Fears? Does a heavy Mac Pro hanging from your desk impact the desk's structural integrity in any way? I'd like to get my MP off my desk to reclaim some real-estate, but I don't want to put it on my floor.

Any pictures? The only pictures I can find are either of the bracket alone, or manufacturer provided pics from the rear; displaying cable route and security feature.

[​IMG]

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I would expect the only real worry would be the quality and thickness of the wood you're screwing the bracket into to ensure it can safely hold the weight of the Mac Pro.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I found a few googling.

4. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Go to a big hardware store/depot. You'll probably find everything you need for less than $20, and it will be at least as resistant, provided you do it well. Mac Pros have the ideal shape to be hanged. A couple of hooks (like those used to hang tools on them) will do the trick.

5. peejack macrumors 6502a

Why would you want to hang it from you desk anyway?:confused:

6. jb60606 thread starter macrumors 6502a

read: 2 german shepherds, and 3 cats.

7. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

Have your machine make a wolf sound.

They won't go near it.

8. jb60606 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ha! I was very nearly considering a USB motion sensor, though I couldn't find one that could trigger a sound file.

EDIT: speak of the devil. I just wish I could make it play through the front speaker though.