Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penfan82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Im new to this board but i brought this up over at the Droid X board.. just wondering if anyone has both the ipod touch and android to enjoy both OS... i must say I love my X and also wouldnt part with my touch i love things bout both.... is anyone else crazy like myself?

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
I have the same problem. Being a former iPhone owner and coming to Verizon because AT&T shut off my data for using too much of it off-network, I wanted to stay up with my iOS apps and games and all, so I bought a 64 gig 4th gen iPod touch. I had an 80 gig Classic, and used the Touch as a replacement for it. What is really nice is that I have an iHome alarm clock/radio and now I can wake to my music or Pandora. I love both my Droid X and my iPod Touch, only thing that would have been nice would be if the dang iPhone 4 would have come to Verizon a month or two earlier and I could have just transitioned to it instead. I do however like the way that the Android app Doggcatcher deals with podcasts, being able to manage and download them over the air without having to sync with iTunes.

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
I have an Android Samsung Vibrant and a 4G Touch. I love them both. The Vibrant is a POS for music, plus it is a battery hog. The iPod is invaluable to me for music and being a time waster (like long airplane trips, which I seem to do quite often).

iTunes is in dire need of a makeover. What a slow 1990s application.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Yes, I have both. The Touch is now used exclusively for playing videos on TV via the component cable.

iApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2011
Well you're not crazy. It's an iPod. Many many people own different kinds of iPod's. So don't feel like you're crazy.

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
I got a Samsung Galaxy Europa (Android 2.1) and an iPod touch 4g, they are both amazing products! I mainly use my iPod touch when at school for music and games because, Yes Android apps may be free but if your on Pay as You Go then your credit will get drained heavily as most apps have ads. But there are some good free apps that are not free on the App Store and work just as good!

jimmie32

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
Beijing, CN
Yep, I have a cheap Android phone (use it only for SMS / Phone anyway, and the 1500 mAh battery is just amazing, holds up a week of charge.) and a iPod touch 4th Gen. :)

I use the iPod for pretty much everything when I'm not next to my computer / iPad, except camera (ehh... 720p stills? no way, even the budget 3.2MP camera is better), phone and SMS (Swype!).

penfan82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
thanks for all the replies i was just curious because it seems like there is so much android/apple hatred(some either like one or the other) im glad there are others like me that have room for both

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
Yep, I have a cheap Android phone (use it only for SMS / Phone anyway, and the 1500 mAh battery is just amazing, holds up a week of charge.) and a iPod touch 4th Gen. :)

I use the iPod for pretty much everything when I'm not next to my computer / iPad, except camera (ehh... 720p stills? no way, even the budget 3.2MP camera is better), phone and SMS (Swype!).

Swype is AMAZING!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.