Does anyone own the iHome iA9SCZ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Coldsnow, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Coldsnow macrumors regular

Apr 4, 2012
  2. lejudicieux macrumors member

Aug 22, 2010
    If you have the willpower to wait a few months, I have a feeling that brick & mortar retailers will clearance out their docks when the iPhone 5 comes out in order to accommodate the new pin connector.
  3. Coldsnow thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 4, 2012
    True, but I just don't really want to wait, and need the alarm clock for school.
  4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

May 1, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Don't have that one but i have this one.

Got it at Costco for a lot less than Amazon charges.
    I really like it although I never use any of the apps and I don't wake to my iPhone. I only wake to radio.
    I was going to buy the one you asked about but when I saw this one I figured I'd give it a test drive and then return it and upgrade to the other but I just ended up keeping this one.
    Except for some styling differerences I think the two have got to be pretty similar.
    This one uses a plugin external antenna and I'd bet that the other one does also.
    I don't use it on my nightstand but if I did I'd be a little peeved that I'd have to find additional room for it.
    The alarm turns off on its own after exactly 1 hour which is a lot quicker than the last radio I had. Not too good for heavy sleepers.
    And the display is of a type where it's most visible when looked down upon from a slight angle. Again, maybe thats designed for nightstand use but since I keep it on a bookcase across the room it makes for a very hard display to read unless the brightness is turned all of the way up.