iPad Does anyone own two iPad Air 2s for themselves?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KuchiKopi, Oct 31, 2014.

1. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

Hey everyone,

I was going to place an order for a new iPad Air 2 128GB LTE and was having trouble deciding on the color. I have a Space Gray 6+, and I thought it would be cool to match the colors so I added the Space Gray iPad to my shopping cart.

But then I got to thinking it would be really nice to have a White-front iPad so that iOS 8.1 would blend in nicely. I went back and forth for a while and then realized... why not both? One of the things that I hate most about dealing with the iPad is constantly having to take it in and out of my backpack, risking scratching it... if I had one more "rugged" iPad for my bag, and one "casual home use" iPad that I don't take out of the house, I can have the best of both worlds. If one fails or gets stolen, I'll have another as a backup.

So ultimately I ordered a Space Gray iPad Air 2 128GB LTE and a Silver iPad Air 2 64GB LTE. (Still not a big fan of the gold color). Pretty excited! :apple:

2. m3tric macrumors newbie

Seems totally pointless, but it's your money I guess.

3. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Someone is really going to take advantage of Continuity!

4. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

I've got the air 2 and mini 2 but don't use the mini much unless traveling. It's a nice idea but expensive.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

6. JSalig, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

JSalig macrumors 6502

I once purchased both a macbook air 11" and 13" because I couldn't decide which size I wanted. I too made up BS reasons to justify it. Eventually you just gravitate to using one over the other. Sure wish I came to my senses before the return period ended.

7. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Go head baller!

"I also got these matching cases made out of bald eagle!!"

8. KuchiKopi thread starter macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

So because you can't find equal uses for two laptops no one can? :rolleyes:

9. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

interesting ... no one asked the OP about his uses for 2 iPads!

I know people who use several for doing things like quite complex music creation and performance. i use 2 iPads myself for work and entertainment, and 2 computers, i could get by with one of each but i could (if I had to) get by without a lot of things that enhance my workflow and lifestyle.

So what will you use them for OP?

10. taedouni macrumors 65816

If you have that money I think that it would be better to get an entirely different model like an iPad mini 3 for that rugged usage. You'll save money and have more portability

11. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Having multiple devices only works if you have genuinely different reasons for having them. E.g. I have a rMPB and an 11" MBA. My rMPB is my home machine, and my 11" MBA is my work one, since it's much smaller/lighter to carry around all day.

Having two iPads to do the same stuff on is pointless IMO.

12. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I guess you can keep one in the bathroom for when you're on the crapper.

I'm not sure I'd ever buy devices in duplicate. I'd rather put that money toward upgrading every year.

If you want to change front panel colors just get a glass screen protector with a different bezel color (they're out there and cost maybe $30-$40).

Then when you feel like using another color for a while just put the protector on and when you're tired of it then take it off.

If you ever wanna go back just buy it again. 2 or 3 changes will cost you $100 max and you can use the rest of the cash to get the iPad Air 3 when it comes out instead.

13. JSalig macrumors 6502

Well sure they can! I personally didn't and that's probably because my reasons for getting both weren't very sound. At least they were different sizes rather than just different colors but to each their own. Your money to waste.:)

14. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

OP, I hope you'll report back how the 2 are working out for you. I have a MBP, an iPhone 6+, and a new iPad Air 2. Just keeping the latter 2 charged, and all 3 coordinated is enough for me.

Personally, I think it's rude and unnecessary to be critical of how one chooses to spend their money if they can afford it. OP never said money was an issue. He/she also never said he wasn't going to feed the kids for a month to buy the 2nd iPad, that would IMO justify jumping on him for wasting money.

I have a friend who keeps a spare iPad on the coffee table, for guests, so they don't bother with his personal use iPad. He entertains a lot, the spare gets a lot of use, and no one would ever question that he could afford it.

15. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

I don't see a problem in owning two of anything as long as it makes sense. For me, this doesn't make sense. I take mine everywhere and also use it at home and it holds up very well.

Why not use one and if in the event something happens, then buy a new one?

Now if you want a second simply because you want the privledge of going back and forth between a white and black version, more power to ya.

16. bevsb2 macrumors 68000

I have an iPad Air 2 and rMini. I use the Air at home because I prefer the larger screen but I take the Mini out with me because it fits easily in my purse and is nice to have available when needed (or wanted). :)