Does anyone peck or lick their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobdude161, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Wearing gloves for the cold weather doesn't do any good for my iPhone. Constantly have to take off my gloves and put them back on. Well, I got fed up with it, so I used my nose. Works great! I just look ridiculously stupid. Now I didn't get around to it, but if i wanted to scroll I could use my tongue. :p Problem is that it would have slobber all over it, but that's not new cuz everyone else seems too. :D

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha i might but then again i dont want to be known as the dude who kisses or pecks his phone even if it works

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yes, quite a few people have recently reported using their nose to answer their phone in the cold.

This technique was predicted almost a year ago... not long after the phone was announced to use a capacitive touchscreen.

It's also possibly one reason the phone was rushed to market in the summertime ;-)

4. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

yea I would use my nose, not so fond of the whole licking thing, at least not in public :eek:

5. snook911 macrumors 6502a

all I have to say is I am glad I live in Vegas so I never have to make these important decisions.

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

7. ben5959 macrumors regular

really?

come on guys, these gloves are a little redic

8. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

I have a pair of Marmot gloves (without the special ipod fingers) and this style glove is awesome for a quick run to the car in the morning or to make a snow ball. I wouldn't want to wear mine all day as they are not that thick.

As for the The North Face gloves, they do work, I didn't belive it until I tried it. I had my iPhone on me to test. They wanted $50CAD for them. So that is even more in US dollars. HA I've waited a long time to say that:p

9. ben5959 macrumors regular

licking works, just tried it, but my phone didnt taste too good!

actually the exchange rate is 1 USD= 1.0076CAD, soooooooo, technically they'd be more expensive there versus here if the currency rate is the only determinant.;)

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

:eek:

That's sick....

(goes and tries it...)

11. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

ya, it's not usually very cold in Texas... but this weekend I was outside for hours and had some gloves on... i had to use my nose to check my email..

12. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

in the winter it gets pretty cold here idk if cold enough to justify the nose thing but it is cold.

13. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

i just wait until i'm indoors to use my phone if i'm wearing gloves..nothing's really that urgent

14. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I zoom by closing my mouth and opening my lips or visa versa. works great!

15. calculus Guest

calculus

16. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

My 14 year old niece used her tongue to answer the phone once when I called her and her hands were full. It made me laugh at the time because I had never heard of anyone answering their phone in that way and it would be just like her to do something quirky like that. Now I see that this forum is full of people who are just as off the wall as she is! :)

17. cjandnw macrumors 6502

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

It's very tempting, but don't any of you use the factory headphones? You can use the clicker to answer a call.

19. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

what about reading an email or a text??

you gotta lick.. :D

20. BigDaddy5 macrumors member

I wear a pair of black nomex flight gloves when I'm out with my iphone. Though on the mountain a few weeks back, wearing my heavy gloves, it as much more difficult. I had to take them off, but for daily wear, the nomex gloves work fine. You have to add a little bit of pressure, but the phone is very responsive.

http://www.knifecore.com/store/image.php?productid=16690

21. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

You live in Las Vegas and you say it gets cold there? Last time I was there in the wintertime (Jan. or Feb., I don't remember) it was 70 degrees. That's not very cold.

EDIT: Wow, I just looked on weather.com and it's 48 degrees there right now. The new ice age is coming!

22. snook911 macrumors 6502a

ya but 48 degrees is hardly glove weather. I have lived here for 15 years and have never needed a pair of gloves. Except when going up to Mt charleston in the winter. 20 degrees up there and thats cold.

23. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Ha Ha No i use my fingers!

24. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502