does anyone play css anymore? (counter strike source)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by master7000, Apr 2, 2011.

1. master7000 macrumors member

Does anyone play counter strike source on mac any more? cause i just got it and i don't see any servers on the list...

2. Skybar macrumors member

Very very occasionally, yes. Make sure Steam + the game is updated, and that a firewall isn't blocking it.

And for the record, you don't only play against other Mac-players. You play against PC-players as well.

3. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Heaps of people still play it, it's weird that no servers are showing up. Did you hit refresh? Are there no restrictions set on your search?

4. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

On Steams statistics its still the second most played game on Steam other than CS 1.6

So yeah, lots of people still play :)

5. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

6. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Played many years ago, I'm in to games like Bad Company 2 now ;)

7. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I play regularly, on a server from the Plaguefest Group, and this escape server is almost never empty, the only time is gets low population is around 9am GMT, when all the Americans are logging off.

Hundreds of servers pop up when I click on the 'Internet' tab, weird.

8. master7000 thread starter macrumors member

What about Day of Defeat Source, does anyone play that much?

9. 256bit macrumors member

Valve games are popular

Pretty much all games released by Valve still have a thriving user base, so there's not much reason to worry about not being able to play multiplayer.

In addition, steam keeps track of the no. of users playing specific games. For example, at the time of posting, there were 3,000 people playing DoD:Source.

10. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

I play it at LAN parties. I got turned off years ago when 12 year olds with nothing better to do would show up, headshot me, and laugh at me as I waited to spawn. I only play with my buddies now...we all have full time jobs and only game occasionally; everything is much more balanced and everybody has fun.

11. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I played it this week to test my benchmarking on my new mbp. haven't played otherwise in years.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

13. BaBayOOsa macrumors member

well considering on a bad day for it there are more then 7,500 servers open all over the place mod's or not. i'd say yeah a few people still play it.

(you probably need to update something or check for a firewall)

14. Box215 macrumors newbie

I still play CSS and DODS regularly. I play it in Windows though so that I can use my gaming mouse with full functionality. My steam name is Box215 if anyone wants to add me.

15. Darth Squirrel macrumors newbie

Darth Squirrel

I only join in once a week or so to meet some friends and have a bit of fun with them. It's still cool, but I liked 1.6 better ;)

16. fr3n2y macrumors newbie

I've just joined the MAC world and only recently installed Steam and got back into CSS, many lost hours to this back in my PC Gaming days. It runs surprisingly well on the iMac.

I've also picked up a Razer Imperator Mouse which works a treat.

Why has it taken me soo long to find out how good Portal is!!...

17. Xexis macrumors member

Xexis

I still play, only FPS next to TF2 on my computer I play. I play on NinjaGirl Rachel's server, it's a Sec9 Gaming community server. Lots of potty-mouth so be optimistic and mature when playing there if you do.

18. WestC07 macrumors newbie

Can anyone comment on how well CS:S runs on your Macbooks? Specifically the new 2011 edition if possible.

19. Box215 macrumors newbie

100+ fps easily at max settings (no v-sync)

20. Hibernia macrumors member

I used to play that non stop a few years ago. I'm ditching my pc soon in favour of a new imac and hope to play this again.

I haven't looked into Steam on the Mac yet , do i just use my Steam account and download the mac versions of the games in my list? , is it that easy?
    I'm hoping to avoid bootcamp for as long as possible , i'm not a big pc gamer and would prefer to get to grips with all things Mac first of all :)

21. Ommid macrumors 6502

Its not exactly intense graphics lets face it.