Does anyone really care about Beatles on iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GimmeSlack12, Sep 5, 2007.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I love the Beatles, I know A LOT about the Beatles. I can play a lot of Beatles songs on the guitar. I love the Beatles. But I really don't care that they're not on iTunes.

I mean, its not like we all don't have an easy way to get the entire discography (if you don't already have it) someplace else.This doesn't seem to be much of a gripe from Mac Users as much as media outlets (Wired Mag, and Engadget in particular).

Whats the big deal about the Beatles being on iTunes store?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

What's the big deal about iTunes?

3. torchwood04 macrumors regular

I don't really care for The Beatles, but if one is such a 'Beatles fan', they would have bought all of their music in the first place, thus negating the need for them to be in the 'store. My opinion.. Also, Beatles fans, please don't gnaw my arm off for my post!

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I am pretty sure that most people who enjoy the Beetles have already ripped their Beetle's CDs into iTunes. I think The Apple Vs. Apple killed what would have been great revenue for both companies.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I grew up listening to the Beatles in the sixties and absolutely love them but it's no big deal to me personally if they are on iTunes because I already have all their albums.

Because they are the most popular band ever, there will be a lot of prestige for the first company to offer their music to download, so it would be great for iTunes to get them.

I don't think you are going to see their music on any (legal) download site before the re-mastered CDs are released.

6. Cormier6083 macrumors regular

Cormier6083

I'm not a big beatles freak, so I don't see the big deal.

7. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Good point. :(
    Thanks for the post. No, really, that was insightful.

8. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

Most big Beatles fans have the CDs, so why bother with iTunes anywho?

9. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

1. As a Beatles fan, I hope that there is some "new" material. Either demos/rehearsals/etc. (however, almost anything worthwhile was released back in the Anthologies) or live material. Surprise me.

2. Otherwise, it will generate "buzz" for iTunes and get a good amount of "walk-up" business from people who haven't explored iTunes yet, and might now get curious. My parents come to mind.