Does anyone really care about Beatles on iTunes?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I love the Beatles, I know A LOT about the Beatles. I can play a lot of Beatles songs on the guitar. I love the Beatles. But I really don't care that they're not on iTunes.

I mean, its not like we all don't have an easy way to get the entire discography (if you don't already have it) someplace else.This doesn't seem to be much of a gripe from Mac Users as much as media outlets (Wired Mag, and Engadget in particular).

Whats the big deal about the Beatles being on iTunes store?

torchwood04

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
I don't really care for The Beatles, but if one is such a 'Beatles fan', they would have bought all of their music in the first place, thus negating the need for them to be in the 'store. My opinion.. Also, Beatles fans, please don't gnaw my arm off for my post!

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I am pretty sure that most people who enjoy the Beetles have already ripped their Beetle's CDs into iTunes. I think The Apple Vs. Apple killed what would have been great revenue for both companies.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I grew up listening to the Beatles in the sixties and absolutely love them but it's no big deal to me personally if they are on iTunes because I already have all their albums.

Because they are the most popular band ever, there will be a lot of prestige for the first company to offer their music to download, so it would be great for iTunes to get them.

I don't think you are going to see their music on any (legal) download site before the re-mastered CDs are released.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
1. As a Beatles fan, I hope that there is some "new" material. Either demos/rehearsals/etc. (however, almost anything worthwhile was released back in the Anthologies) or live material. Surprise me.

2. Otherwise, it will generate "buzz" for iTunes and get a good amount of "walk-up" business from people who haven't explored iTunes yet, and might now get curious. My parents come to mind.