Does anyone remember this app (artists and doodlers).

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Andy847, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Andy847 macrumors regular

Andy847

When I first had my iPad 2, I tried drawing with the rubber tipped stylus and got used to it,but didn't like it. One of my favorite drawing games at that time was called DOODLA! Does anyone remember this game?

Basically, they would give you anything from a bunch of lines or squiggles, or some dots or shapes on the page, and you would have to use your imagination to make a drawing from those lines or squiggles on the page. Then overnight people from all over would rate their favorite drawing and they would post the results on how many votes the people would get. The next day a different random line or squiggle would be on the page for you to draw using it. I liked how it made you think about how to use the lines given and draw from that. It was good practice and amazing to see the different drawings people came up with from the same few squiggles given. Some really amazing artwork was shown in that game. It also felt good to see when a lot of people liked what you came up with.

The app stopped being supported when I had an iPad 3, the developers couldn't keep it up with their family life getting more hectic. I have tried to find an app similar, but the closest is draw something and it's not the same.i wish someone would come up with an app like that again. I was also wondering if we started a game like that on here, if anyone would be interested? Someone could start with a few lines, dots, shapes, or combination of both and we could draw from them. The person with the most likes could provide the next squiggles or lines, etc. I know there might be ties, but it's more the fun of using our imagination and being creative to come up with something from what your given to start with. I know there are a lot of good artists on here and even some who would just like to play and are not the greatest drawers. Just thought I'd find out if anyone played the app DOODLA! And if you did, did you like it. I'll try to post an image of what the game was like,so you can see. I'll post the image later.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2016 ---
    IMG_0059.PNG IMG_0060.PNG
    Okay so here is an example of how the game works. The first image with the few lines is an example of what you were given. Just random lines, shapes or dots. You had to incorporate them in your drawing and could not change them. I did them in blue so as you can still see them as part of the drawing. Then, excuse the bad cartoon , I drew it quickly. That's basically how the game went. It was cool to see what different people did with the random lines or squiggles. Cool game, I miss it.

2. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

I don't know the game you are talking about but this could be a good idea for an interactive thread on macrumors. It would be yet another excuse to get people drawing on the iPad.

3. Andy847 thread starter macrumors regular

Andy847

I agree, that's what I was thinking also. Since no App Developers have tried to duplicate this idea, i'd love to start doing it on the forum here. I just didn't know how to go about it. I know there are a lot of artists just from the Share your drawings with the Ipad Pro and Pencil thread. Thought that others could do it too. I hope we get more feedback from others on the forum who read this. I'd certainly like to try it.