Does anyone still use a Bumper ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Aug 30, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I have been using the black one and ive been through 3 already because the sides of the bumper itself gets all scratched up ( not the phone the bumper ). Im at the point were i may just go with a full zagg or a snap on case .

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Use a griffin bumper ordered as freebie from Apple last year. Still very good condition.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Im still using the free one I got from Apple this time last year and the bumper is still in fairly good nick.
    The stainless steel band on the iPhone is looking tatty though from dust getting trapped and rubbing the satin finish away. :(

4. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I love bumpers, and will probably always use them for as long as i have my iPhone 4. I don't buy them from apple anymore, if that's what you're asking. I buy knockoffs on ebay, and they're just as good as the real bumpers. :)

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

My husband has used the free black one for a year now. Still in decent shape, no major issues with the antenna underneath scratching.

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

bought a blue one on the weekend after the release of the iPhone 4. bought a new black bumper on ebay about a month later because the blue got very dingy, peeling of the clear coat and rubber getting loose on both bumpers. the black bumper lasted a good while but it did scratch my iPhone antenna band and was pretty tired of it. just got my SGP neo hybrid ex II case and love it. good thing i didnt get the white bumper. after looking at pics of them, they look ugly grey now.

7. iJade macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

i will use bumper as long i have my iohone... just put on some decals on the antenna band to avoid scratches...

8. aresinferno macrumors regular

The rubber around the dock connector has split on both sides and some of the metal band is a bit scratched. Perhaps I will find an alternative case.

9. egk69 macrumors 6502

I never liked the Bumpers, but I started using bumpers when I changed my Backplates

So now im using Bumpers from (SW-BOX) very cheap, like 4 bucks I think, and they feel and look the same as APPLE bumpers but they come in way better colors

check it out:
    [​IMG]

10. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

i love bumpers i am using a black one rigth now

11. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Wishing I had used one, because the Camera lens sits on the same level as the back of the phone, and is much less durable than the back of the phone, it has been scratched to hell, resulting in the camera becoming useless.

12. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

i still have my apple bumpers for my iphone 4.. i used them once in a while when i feel like it

13. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Using the black bumper from Apple and yes, the band is scratched all to heck. :mad:

14. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Anyone use a bumper pouch ? If so please post pics