Does anyone still use Backgrounderr with IOS5?

hidefguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
I wouldn't think there would be much of a need for it since the release of iOS4
That's what I thought also, but their are still apps I use that don't incorporate ios4 backgrounding or use it well like the BofA app as an example. This app finally added backgrounding but every time you go back to the app its on your account selection screen instead of the account itself.

FYI if you decide to use backgrounder make sure it's version 1.1.0-1. I initially downloaded a beta version but it just updated thru cydia the other day.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yep

Yes sir, I use it.

Most of the time on Atomic Web, that way it keeps my pages open when I switch to another app. I also got it setup to close the apps on exit for everything I don't want so they don't linger around and most of the music apps I just let App backgrpup service to handel it.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Yes sir, I use it.

Most of the time on Atomic Web, that way it keeps my pages open when I switch to another app. I also got it setup to close the apps on exit for everything I don't want so they don't linger around and most of the music apps I just let App backgrpup service to handel it.
Doesn't seem to work for me on the 4S running 5.0.1. I respring to safe mode every time after I install it. The only real reason I wanted it was so Cydia didn't refresh on me every time I bounced back and forth using dashboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.