Does anyone think glass screen protectors will become uncomfortable with the iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajiuo, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ajiuo macrumors 65816

They all seem to end before the glass starts to curve. With having to swipe up all the time, I wonder if swiping over where the screen protector ends will become uncomfortable after a while, or even interfere with proper use.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Difficult to say. But I guess we will know in just over 24 hours.

3. robotphood macrumors 6502a

I haven’t looked into it but I’m sure eventually there will be 3D edge to edge protectors like the previous iPhones?

4. Hoosier317 macrumors 6502a

Hoosier317

Wait...24 hours? Will it not still be only Thursday where you live in 24 hours or are you on the other side of the international date line?

5. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

Beat my to it. Lol!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2017 ---
    They do.

@ OP- I've never had issues swiping up to access control panel on my 7+ w a glass screen protector. I almost always hit against the bottom of my phone doing so.

6. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

No more than sideswiping, which I do a lot already. Never bothered me.

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

There are edge to edge curved 3D glass screen protectors for the iPhone X just like there have been for previous iPhones. I ordered a G-Color one off of Amazon. I have one on my 7 Plus and I expect no difficulties on my iPhone X.

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

i bought a spigen one for my wife's iPhone X!

9. Statusnone88 macrumors 68000

Statusnone88

Spigen has this (other companies make something similar as well) and I have had first hand experience with it.

https://www.spigen.com/products/screen-protector-glas-tr-nano-liquid

Applied it to my 8 Plus and a day later dropped it on the face while pumping gas. The front glass hit solid concrete and after I picked it up I noticed little abrasions on the screen so I thought the screen was scratched to hell. Went home and wiped it off and they disappeared. I think the stuff on the screen was from the concrete.

Absolutely sold on this product. Hate screen protectors and this is the best of both worlds.

10. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

i bought the Glass TR version not the nano liquid one!! i have used it on my 7 plus, 6s plus and it is amazing. My wife dropped her iPhone on the road and it landed face straight on the road, i took off the protector and the screen was brand new!

11. Hyperion0808, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017

Hyperion0808 macrumors member

Interesting, I've never seen this. I feel like I'd like this over a tempered glass protector. As someone who has NEVER had any case or screen protector, I did get the Zagg Glass for my X. Is the removal of these products pretty simple if it's not a feel you like? I know with a film you can just peel off etc.

12. cjrulli macrumors regular

Yes it's easy to remove. Same concept, just peel it up from any of the corners. The glass will typically break when removing it though.

13. Hyperion0808 macrumors member

I read this as the glass of the display at first and then after realizing you mean the protector I laughed so hard at how casually you said it if that was actually the case lol

14. Statusnone88 macrumors 68000

Statusnone88

It’s a layer that’s 1000 times thinner then human hair so no, you cannot peel it off. It literally just strengthens the glass to the hardness of like a topaz (9H). They say it lasts for about a year.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2017 ---
    If he meant the nano liquid, no, you cannot peel it off.

15. Hyperion0808 macrumors member

Yea I meant the protector not the liquid sorry. I may have to try it. You said you had no ill effects or anything like that? I feel like I should know about this or something, it's much more beneficial that a slab on top of the display.

16. gelie macrumors 6502

IDK, screen protectors make zero sense if you have apple care.

17. Hyperion0808 macrumors member

We all don't have or want apple care?

18. gelie macrumors 6502

True but given:
    • A screen repair costs $279 on the iPhone X without AppleCare+, while "other damage" costs $549.
    • Those repair costs are a big leap from previous models — which makes sense, given that the iPhone X is a different form factor that includes a glass-covered chassis and OLED display.
    • An Apple Care+ plan keeps the phone covered for 2 years of support and repairs, with a $29 fee for screen damage and a $99 fee for other damage for up to two accidents.
    over 2 years its only $8.29 per month. Regardless of the screen protector a hit in the right place will shatter it.

19. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

There are already loads of screen protectors available for the X that are 3D. I’ve got some on my desk at the moment!

What about screen scratches? They aren’t covered by AppleCare.

20. gelie macrumors 6502

sure they are. just ask to replace screen under apple care. I have done that with the 5 and 7

21. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

replace the whole screen just coz of scratches and pay $29 each time? its better to get $10 screen protector which comes in a two pack!

22. gpoop macrumors regular

I ordered the zagg one. I currently have the one from zagg on my 7. I only use a screen protector cause I don't want work gunk on the actual screen. lol

23. Teach4 macrumors 6502a

Teach4

I have not used screen protectors for a while now and have been fine without them. But people act shocked when I say I have not bought them for my iPhone X. Is the glass that fragile? I don’t know if I need to get a pack or keep going without one. Any thoughts?

24. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Anyone k
    How do you remove the nano liquid? Looks easy to apply, but how do you get it off?

25. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Not if you get a 3D screen protector.